Joseph Hackett sent an email to Graydon Young on Dec. 19, 2020 with a photo of a handwritten message. It said “Rally Point in Northern Port Charlotte at Gray’s if transport available.” He was part of a signal “Leadership Chat” using the call-sign ‘Ahab.’ In addition, he booked a hotel room at the Hilton Garden Inn in Washington, DC.
The government alleges these actions show ‘planning planning’ leading up to the events of Jan. 6th. On Jan .6th, Hackett allegedly entered and exited the Capitol, then met with others near the northeast corner of the building.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Joseph
- Last Name(s): Hackett
- Case Number: Case 1-1:21-cr-28
- Arrest Location: Sarasota, FL
- Judge: Amit Mehta
- Entry Last Updated: 12/28/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/25/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Joseph Hackett's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Conspiracy (1) Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting (2) Destruction of Government Property and Aiding and Abetting (3) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (4)
Charged via fourth superseding indictment 5/26/21. Arrested 5/28. Arraigned 6/24 and pleaded not guilty to all counts. Charged via fifth superseding indictment 8/4. Charged via sixth superseding indictment 12/1. Defendant remains in High Intensity Supervision Program. His trial starts on 2/1/23 at 9 30 am.
Kathryn Leigh Rakoczy US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 Fourth Street, NW, Washington, DC 20530 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Jeffrey Nestler U.S. ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 555 Fourth Street NW Washington, DC 20530 202-252-7277 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Joseph Hackett's Mailing Address
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
Information on Writing/Encouragement
Joseph Hackett c/o Patriot Mail Project PO Box 173 King NC 27021
- #238-FIFTH SUPERSEDING INDICTMENT as to THOMAS EDWARD CALDWELL
- #330-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to JESSICA MARIE WATKINS, DONOVAN RAY CROWL, THOMAS EDWARD CALDWELL, SANDRA RUTH PARKER, BENNIE ALVIN PARKER, KELLY MEGGS, C
- #331-ORDER granting 330 Motion to Seal Case as to THOMAS EDWARD CALDWELL (1), DONOVAN RAY CROWL (2), JESSICA MARIE WATKINS
- #349-NOTICE REGARDING THE STATUS OF DISCOVERY
- #464-MOTION TO DISCLOSE ITEMS PROTECTED BY FEDERAL RULE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
- #468-ORDER granting 464 Motion for Disclosure as to THOMAS EDWARD CALDWELL
- #471-STATUS REPORT REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY AND REQUEST FOR LEAVE TO SUPPLEMENT THIS REPORT
- #513-SIXTH SUPERSEDING INDICTMENT
- #558-MEMORANDUM OPINION AND ORDER denying Defendants' various motions to dismiss Counts One and Two of the Sixth Superseding Indictment
- #582-Notice (Other)
- #620-STATUS REPORT REGARDING DISCOVERY by USA as to THOMAS EDWARD CALDWELL, DONOVAN RAY CROWL, JESSICA MARIE WATKINS, SANDRA RUTH PARKER, BENNIE ALVIN PARKER,
- #712-NOTICE OF INTENT TO ADOPT OPPOSITION PLEADINGS FROM CASE NO. 22-CR-15 by USA as to THOMAS EDWARD CALDWELL
- James Beeks
- Brian Ulrich
- Jason Dolan
- Carey Jon Walden
- Jonathan Walden
- William Isaacs
- Graydon Young
- Jessica Watkins
- Laura Steele
- Jon Ryan Schaffer
- Sandra Ruth Parker
- Bennie Alvin Parker
- David Moerschel
- Roberto A. Minuta
- Kelly Meggs
In the news
- Coming soon