At approximately 2:30 on January 6th, Therres is pictured throwing a wood plank (handed to him by Douglas Wyatt) that strikes a Police Officer. He also sprays a chemical irritant towards Police around this time. This occurs among a group outside the Capitol Building. Actions before and after this time window are not detailed.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Jacob
- Last Name(s): Therres
- Case Number: 22-cr-381
- Arrest Location: Fallston, MD
- Judge: James Boasberg
- Entry Last Updated: 07/19/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 12/27/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: Yes
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Jacob Therres 's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers or Employees (1) Obstruction of Law Enforcement During Civil Disorder (2) Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds (3) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (4) Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds (5) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds (6) ]Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings (7)
Arrested 11/14/22. On 11/18/2022 case #22-mj-239 was closed for Jacob Therres, merged with #22-cr-381. On 11/22/2022, he entered a plea of not guilty to all counts and was released to a high intensity supervision program. On 1/23/23, he plead guilty to count 2. On 4/24/23, he was sentenced to 40 months incarceration, 36 months of probation, and ordered to pay a $100 special assessment and $2000 restitution.
Andrew J. Tessman
Assistant United States Attorney District of Columbia – Detailee West Virginia Bar No. 13734 300 Virginia Street Charleston, WV 25301 Phone- (304) 345-2200 email- [email protected]
Jacob Therres's Mailing Address
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- #1 Complaint
- #1 a) Statement of Facts
- #8 Arrest Warrant, dated 11/8/2022, Returned Executed on 11/14/2022 as to JACOB MICHAEL THERRES
- #9 MOTION for Order Correct Clerical Error by USA as to DOUGLAS WYATT, JACOB MICHAEL THERRES
- #10 MEMORANDUM in Support of Pretrial Detention by USA as to JACOB MICHAEL THERRES
- #13 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Nathan I. Silver, II appearing for JACOB MICHAEL THERRES under the Criminal Justice Act
- #14 Memorandum in Opposition by JACOB MICHAEL THERRES re Motion for Temporary Detention
- NEW CASE 22-cr-381 #15 INDICTMENT as to JACOB MICHAEL THERRES (2) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- #18 Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to JACOB MICHAEL THERRES.
- #19 NOTICE (Exhibit for Detention Hearing) by JACOB MICHAEL THERRES
- #20 ORDER granting  Motion for Order to Correct Clerical Error as to JACOB MICHAEL THERRES (1). Signed by Magistrate Judge G. Michael Harvey on 11/21/2022.
- #21 ORDER granting  Motion for Protective Order as to JACOB MICHAEL THERRES (1). Signed by Judge James E. Boasberg on 11/22/2022.
- #23 ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to JACOB MICHAEL THERRES (1) High Intensity Supervision Program. Signed by Magistrate Judge G. Michael Harvey on 11/22/2022
- #24 Unopposed MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release (Curfew) by JACOB MICHAEL THERRES.
- #26 ORDER granting  Motion to Modify Conditions of Release as to JACOB MICHAEL THERRES (1). Signed by Judge James E. Boasberg on 12/5/2022.
- #28-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to JACOB MICHAEL THERRES
- #29-PLEA AGREEMENT as to JACOB MICHAEL THERRES
- #30-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to JACOB MICHAEL THERRES
- #35-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to JACOB MICHAEL THERRES
- #38-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by JACOB MICHAEL THERRES
- #39-NOTICE (Exhibits in Allocution) by JACOB MICHAEL THERRES
- #40-NOTICE (Letter in Allocution) by JACOB MICHAEL THERRES
- #41-NOTICE (Letters in Allocution) by JACOB MICHAEL THERRES
- #42-JUDGMENT as to JACOB MICHAEL THERRES
- #44-Unopposed MOTION for Extension of Time to Self-Surrender by JACOB MICHAEL THERRES
- #45-ORDER GRANTING 44 Unopposed MOTION for Extension of Time to Self-Surrender as to JACOB MICHAEL THERRES
In the news
- Coming soon