Jorge Riley is seen inside the Capitol Building, pictured confronting Capitol Police. Open-source research revealed a video entitled, “Video of man describing in detail breaking into the Capitol Building.”1 In the video, a man with the same black leather jacket, black braided hair, white feathers, and remnants of black face paint, is standing on what appears to be the Capitol grounds while he details how he broke into and damaged the Capitol, and assaulted federal law enforcement officers.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Jorge Aaron
- Last Name(s): Riley
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-69
- Arrest Location: Eastern District, CA
- Judge: Robin M. Meriweather
- Entry Last Updated: 07/28/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/02/2021
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Jorge Aaron Riley's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Obstructing of an Official Proceeding Aiding and Abetting Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Arrested 1/19/21 in the Eastern District of California. Indicted 2/3/21. Pleaded not guilty to counts 1-5 on 2/25/21. Defendant remains on personal recognizance. Status conference set for 10/19 at 10 30 am.
Troy A. Edwards, Jr.
Troy A. Edwards, Jr. US Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia 555 4th St, N.W. Washington, DC 20001 202 252 7081 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: Assistant US Attorney
NA-Released with conditions.
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to JORGE A RILEY
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to JORGE A RILEY
- #6-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #7-NOTICE of Filing - Discovery Letter by JORGE A. RILEY
- #8-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #9-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #10-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to JORGE A. RILEY from US District Court for the Eastern District of California
- #11-INDICTMENT as to JORGE A. RILEY
- #14-MEMORANDUM in Support of Pretrial Detention by USA as to JORGE AARON RILEY
- #15-MOTION Appeal of Order of Detention by JORGE AARON RILEY.
- #16-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release
- #19-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to JORGE AARON RILEY
- #20-ORDER as to JORGE AARON RILEY granting 19 Unopposed Motion for Protective Order
- Docket Download-8.20.21
In the news
- Coming soon