In Wright’s Statements of Facts, you’ll see that Wright reveals his
premeditated intent to assault law enforcement officers, breach the US Capitol Building, commit
violence on members of Congress, and participate in “war” in conversations between himself and other individuals through Facebook. Wright was also seen before the breach pulling at barriers set up by Capitol Police.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): John Douglas
- Last Name(s): Wright
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-341
- Arrest Location: Canton, OH
- Judge: Robin M. Meriweather
- Entry Last Updated: 07/22/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/10/2021
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover John Douglas Wright's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds Disorderly Conduct and Parading, Demonstrating or Picketing Obstruction of Law Enforcement During Civil Disorder Obstruction of Justice/Congress False Statement to Federal Agents
Arrested 5/3. Indicted 5/5. Status conference rescheduled for 10/1 at 1:30. Defendant remains on personal recognizance.
Channing D. Phillips
In the news