There are multiple images of Thurlow inside the U.S. Capitol. In a Facebook post before January 6th, he posted an image of himself in tactical gear with an AR-15, donning a “Boogaloo” logo on the center of his bullet proof vest. The caption reads “Ahhhh, nothing like a new pair of 511’s and fresh set of level IV Sapi’s in the plate carrier to go “peacefully protest” with.” His activity before entry is not detailed in his charging documents.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Steven
- Last Name(s): Thurlow
- Case Number: 1:21-mj-494
- Arrest Location: Saint Clair Shores, MI
- Judge: Robin M. Meriweather
- Entry Last Updated: 07/26/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/17/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Steven Thurlow's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Arrested 6/30. Initial appearance held 7/6. Status hearing set 9/7/21 at 1 pm. Defendant remains on personal recognizance.
Mitra Jafary-Hariri DOJ-USAO-211 W. Fort Street, Ste 2001 Detroit, MI 48226 313 226 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
In the news