Although he is seen inside the capitol, there was no information in the Statements of Facts that showed Shawn’s entry into the Capitol was “violent”. He attended the event as a journalist.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Shawn
- Last Name(s): Witzemann
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-314
- Arrest Location: Farmington, NM
- Judge: Robin M. Meriweather
- Judge: Thomas F. Hogan
- Entry Last Updated: 08/05/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/11/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support Shawn Witzemann: Click here to help cover Shawn's legal and living expenses
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds Parading, Demonstrating or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Arrested 4/6/21. Detention hearing held 4/15/21, was placed on personal recognizance bond. Entered a plea of not guilty to all counts on 6/17/22. Entered a plea of guilty as to Count 4s on 7/21/22. Sentencing set for 11/4/2022 at 10:00 AM via Zoom before Judge Thomas F. Hogan. Remains on personal recognizance.
Christopher D Amore
MA Bar no. 672299 Trial Attorney Department of Justice National Security Division Counterterrorism Section Office: (202) 353-9472 Cell: (202) 598-6676 [email protected]
- #1 SEALED COMPLAINT as to SHAWN BRADLEY WITZEMANN (1). [1:21-mj-00348-RMM]
- #1 a) Statement of Facts
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to SHAWN BRADLEY WITZEMANN
- #5-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-Guy L. Womack appearing for SHAWN BRADLEY WITZEMANN
- #7-Arrest Warrant, dated 4.1.2021, Returned Executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 4.15.2021 as to SHAWN BRADLEY WITZEMANN
- #8-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to SHAWN BRADLEY WITZEMANN
- #9 INFORMATION as to SHAWN BRADLEY WITZEMANN (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4.
- #11-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to SHAWN BRADLEY WITZEMANN
- #12-Unopposed MOTION to Continue and Exclude Time Under the STA by USA as to SHAWN BRADLEY WITZEMANN
- #14-PROTECTIVE ORDER
- #15-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to SHAWN BRADLEY WITZEMANN
- #16-STATUS REPORT Regarding Discovery by USA as to SHAWN BRADLEY WITZEMANN
- #18-Unopposed MOTION to Continue and to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to SHAWN BRADLEY WITZEMANN
- #20-Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery
- #21-Unopposed Motion to Continue
- #23-Third Status Report Regarding Discovery
- #24-Status Report Concerning Discovery
- #25-Status Report Regarding Discovery
- #27-Unopposed Motion
- #28-Order as to Shawn Bradley Witzemann
- #30-Pretrial Memorandum
- #31-Status Report
- #33 Unopposed MOTION to Continue Trial by USA as to SHAWN BRADLEY WITZEMANN.
- #34 ORDER as to SHAWN BRADLEY WITZEMANN
- #35 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Rebecca Magnone appearing for USA.
- #36 SUPERSEDING INFORMATION as to SHAWN BRADLEY WITZEMANN (1) count(s) 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s
- #38 MOTION in Limine Regarding Evidence About the Specific Locations of U.S. Capitol Police Surveillance Cameras by USA as to SHAWN BRADLEY WITZEMANN.
- #39 NOTICE Memo Regarding Defendant's Request for Rearraignment by SHAWN BRADLEY WITZEMANN
- #40 PLEA AGREEMENT as to SHAWN BRADLEY WITZEMANN
- #41 STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to SHAWN BRADLEY WITZEMANN.
In the news