In an interview with the FBI after the event, he stated it was “necessary to facilitate a dialogue” on Jan. 6th. However, he expected it to be nonviolent and peaceful.
Witcher attended the event with a long-time friend, Richard Barnard. While inside the Capitol, he allegedly shouted at someone throwing a fire extinguisher:
“Don’t do that! No, no! No! These are not our enemies.”
There is no evidence Witcher’s acted violently.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Jeffrey Shane
- Last Name(s): Witcher
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-235
- Arrest Location: Western District , TX
- Judge: Zia M. Faruqui
- Judge: Rudolph Contreras
- Entry Last Updated: 04/30/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/30/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Jeffrey Shane Witcher's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting (1) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (3) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (4) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (5)
Arrested 02/25/2021 in Western District of Texas. Indicted 3/19 and Arraigned on 4/19/21. Witcher pleaded not guilty to all counts and was placed on personal recognizance bond. On 10/20/21 he entered a guilty plea as to count 2.
Brandon Regan DOJ-USAO Federal Major Creimes 555 Fourth Street, NW Washington, DC 20530 202 252 7759 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant US Attorney
- Jeffrey Shane Witcher et al Docket Sheet as of 04/30/2022
- Complaint (redacted)
- Statement of Facts
- #11-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to JEFFREY SHANE WITCHER
- #14-Unopposed MOTION for Hearing Joint Motion to Docket Plea Hearing by USA as to RICHARD FRANKLIN BARNARD, JEFFREY SHANE WITCHER
- #15-Case as to RICHARD FRANKLIN BARNARD, JEFFREY SHANE WITCHER
- #16-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #17-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- David Francis Minton appearing for JEFFREY SHANE WITCHER
- #19-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to JEFFREY SHANE WITCHER
- #20-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by JEFFREY SHANE WITCHER
- #21-PLEA AGREEMENT as to JEFFREY SHANE WITCHER
- #25-SENTENCING SCHEDULING ORDER as to RICHARD FRANKLIN BARNARD, JEFFREY SHANE WITCHER
- #26-NOTICE of Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of November 5, 2021 by USA as to RICHARD FRANKLIN BARNARD, JEFFREY SHANE WITCHER
In the news
- Coming soon