Meggs was seen on surveillance walking through the Capitol with her husband Kelly. She was with members of the Oath Keepers organization. There is no documentation showing she engaged in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Connie
- Last Name(s): Meggs
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-028
- Arrest Location: Middle District, FL
- Judge: Amit Mehta
- Entry Last Updated: 04/22/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/17/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support Connie Meggs: Click here to help cover Connie's legal and living expenses
Conspiracy Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting Destruction of Government Property and Aiding and Abetting Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds Tampering with Documents or Proceedings
Meggs was arrested and then charged via superseding indictment on 2/19/21. She was released on personal recognizance with specific conditions on 03/26/2021. UPDATE 03/04/2022: Status Conferences set for 5/6/2022 at 10:00 AM and 12/6 at 11 AM via videoconference before Judge Amit P. Mehta. Members of the public or media may access the status conference by dialing the court's toll-free public access line: (877) 848-7030, access code 321-8747. Tentative date for Jury Trials is 11/28/2022 in Ceremonial Courtroom 20 and 2/1/2023 before Judge Amit P. Mehta. This date will be confirmed at upcoming status conferences.
Interested Party's Lawyer
Interested Party's Lawyer
Interested Party's Lawyer
Ahmet Muhkatir Baset US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 4TH STREET, N.W., Room 4209 Washington, D.C. 20530 202 252 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Alexandra Stalimene Hughes DOJ-nsd 950 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC 20004-202 353 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney-
Jeffrey S. Nestler US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 555 FOURTH ST, NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20530 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTCED Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Justin Todd Sher US DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE 950 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20530 202 353 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Kathryn Leigh Rakoczy,
Kathryn Leigh Rakoczy US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 Fourth Street, NW, Washington, DC 20530 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Troy Edwards, Jr.
Troy A. Edwards, Jr. US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 Fourth Street, NW, Washington, DC 20530, [email protected], LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Louis J. Manzo, DOJ-CRM 1400 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20002 202 616 2706, [email protected], LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED. Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Connie Meggs et al Docket Sheet as of 04/16/2022
- #63-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- David A. Wilson appearing for CONNIE MEGGS
- #67-MOTION for Bond by CONNIE MEGGS
- #83-MOTION Adoption of Co-Defendant Motion by CONNIE MEGGS.
- #86-RESPONSE by USA as to CONNIE MEGGS re 67 MOTION for Bond
- #114-ORDER as to CONNIE MEGGS (9) Setting Conditions of Release with Global Positioning System Monitoring.
- #117-Unopposed MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release to Attend Religious Services by CONNIE MEGGS
- #186-MOTION to Appoint Counsel , MOTION to Withdraw as Attorney by David Anthony Wilson. by CONNIE MEGGS.
- #188-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-Mary Anderson appearing for CONNIE MEGGS
- #204-Amended MOTION for Bond by CONNIE MEGGS.
- #262-Unopposed MOTION for Leave to Join Motion to Adopt co-defendant Caldwell Motion to Dismiss by CONNIE MEGGS
- #263-Unopposed MOTION for Extension of Time to File pre-trial motions by CONNIE MEGGS
- #304-NOTICE Adopting Co-Defendant motions by CONNIE MEGG
- #333-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Juli Zsuzsa Haller appearing for CONNIE MEGGS
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to KELLY MEGGS
- #3-ORDER granting 2 Motion to Seal Case as to KELLY MEGGS CONNIE MEGGS GRAYDON YOUNG LAURA STEELE
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to GRAYDON P YOUNG
- #27-SUPERSEDING INDICTMENT filed by USA as to THOMAS EDWARD CALDWELL
- #73-MOTION to Continue Schedule Trial Date (Motion to Designate Case Complex and Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act) by USA as to JESSICA MARIE WATKINS,
- #386-MOTION to Dismiss Count 1-4 of the Fifth Superseding Indictment by CONNIE MEGGS
- #402-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #444-Unopposed MOTION Hold in Abeyance re 431 MOTION to Exclude Confidential Marital Communications by CONNIE MEGGS as to KELLY MEGGS
- #454-SUPPLEMENT by CONNIE MEGGS re 386 MOTION to Dismiss Count 1-4 of the Fifth Superseding Indictment
- #462-REPLY in Support by CONNIE MEGGS re 386 MOTION to Dismiss Count 1-4 of the Fifth Superseding Indictment
- #471-STATUS REPORT REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY AND REQUEST FOR LEAVE TO SUPPLEMENT THIS REPORT BY NOVEMBER 5, 2021
- #641 Unopposed MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release by CONNIE MEGGS.
- #642 ORDER granting 641 Unopposed Motion to Modify Conditions of Release as to CONNIE MEGGS (9). See the attached Order for additional details. Signed by Judge Amit P. Meta on 3/24/2022. (lcapm1)
- James Beeks
- Brian Ulrich
- Joseph Hackett
- Jason Dolan
- Carey Jon Walden
- Johnathan Walden
- William Isaacs
- Graydon Young
- Jessica Watkins
- Laura Steele
- Jon Ryan Schaffer
- Bennie Alvin Parker
- Sandra Ruth Parker
- David Moerschel
- Kelly Meggs
In the news
- Coming soon