Niemela is depicted with Eckerman in a Facebook photo outside of the Capitol. She, Eckerman, and her girlfriend entered the Capitol and appear to walk peacefully together within the ropes at the Rotunda.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Kirstyn
- Last Name(s): Niemela
- Case Number: 22-cr-00623
- Arrest Location: Hudson, NH (initial arrest occurred in 1st case)
- Judge: Christopher Cooper
- Entry Last Updated: 10/16/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Kirstyn Niemela's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (3) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (4) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (6) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (8)
Niemela is listed in the superseding indictment joining this case on 4/27/2022. The last status conference took place on 10/6. A pretrial conference takes place on 11/21 at 10am.
Mona Furst DOJ-USAO-Office of the United States Attorney 301 N Main, Ste 1200, Wichita, KS 67052 316 269 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY- ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
- #24-SUPERSEDING INDICTMENT as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN, KIRSTYN NIEMELA
- #26-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE_ Kira Anne West appearing for KIRSTYN NIEMELA
- #27-MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release by KIRSTYN NIEMELA
- #28-RESPONSE by USA as to KIRSTYN NIEMELA re 27 MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release
- #29-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to KIRSTYN NIEMELA
- #31-Unnopposed MOTION to Withdraw as Attorney by Kira Anne West. by KIRSTYN NIEMELA
- #33-NOTICE of withdrawal request by KIRSTYN NIEMELA re 31 Unopposed MOTION to Withdraw as Attorney by Kira Anne West
- #34-PRETRIAL ORDER as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN, KIRSTYN NIEMELA. Jury Trial set for 11_28_2022 at 09_00 AM in a courtroom to be determined at a later date
- #35-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA
- #36-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Jessica Arco appearing for USA
- #42-Unopposed MOTION to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to KIRSTYN NIEMELA
- #45-MOTION in Limine to preclude certain defense arguments and evidence about law enforcement by USA as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN, KIRSTYN NIEMELA
- #46-MOTION in Limine to limit cross-examination of U.S. Secret Service witness by USA as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN, KIRSTYN NIEMELA
- #47-MOTION in Limine regarding authentication of certain photo and video evidence by USA as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN, KIRSTYN NIEMELA
- #48-MOTION in Limine to preclude defense cross-examination on, or evidence of, the shooting of Ashli Babbitt by USA as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN, KIRSTYN NIEMELA
- #49-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order Governing Discovery by USA as to KIRSTYN NIEMELA
- #50-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE_ Richard F. Monteith, Jr appearing for KIRSTYN NIEMELA
- #51-ORDER granting 49 Motion for Protective Order as to KIRSTYN NIEMELA
In the news
- Coming soon