Keller is a three time Olympic athlete and Olympic Gold Medalist in 2004 and 2008 as part of the 4x200m freestyle swimming relay team. He is pictured in the Capitol Rotunda as Capitol Police are trying to get him to exit (one USCP officer pushed Keller in the back). There is no evidence of any violence committed by Keller.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Klete Derik
- Last Name(s): Keller
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-104
- Arrest Location: Denver, CO
- Judge: Robin M. Meriweather
- Judge: Richard Leon
- Entry Last Updated: 11/21/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/24/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Klete Derik Keller's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Civil Disorder (1) Obstruction of an Official Proceeding (2) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (3) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (4) Impeding Passage Through the Capitol Grounds or Buildings (5) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (6)
Arrested 1/14/21. Initial appearance held 1/22/21- released on personal recognizance. Indicted 2/10/21. Arraigned 3/9 and plead not guilty to all counts. On 9/29/22, he plead guilty to count 2. Sentencing rescheduled to 12/1/2023 at 4:00 PM in Courtroom 18- In Person before Judge Richard J. Leon.
Amanda Jawad DOJ-USAO 211 W. Fort Street Suite 2001 Detroit, MI 48226 (313) 226-9116 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Troy A. Edwards
Assistant United States Attorney N.Y. Bar No. 5453741 U.S. Attorney’s Office, District of Columbia 601 D Street, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20530 Email- [email protected] Phone- (202) 252-7081
- Docket Download-7.14.21
- #! Complaint and Statement of Facts
- #5-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Edward B. MacMahon, Jr appearing for KLETE DERIK KELLER
- #6-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to KLETE DERIK KELLER from US District Court for the District of Colorado
- #8-ORDER Setting Conditions of Bond -Defendant KLETE DERIK KELLER placed on Personal Recognizance Bond
- #9-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Troy Edwards, Jr appearing for USA.
- #10-INDICTMENT as to KLETE DERIK KELLER
- #12 Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to KLETE DERIK KELLER
- #14-Unopposed MOTION for Speedy Trial Exclusion of Time by USA as to KLETE DERIK KELLER.
- #15-PROTECTIVE ORDER as to KLETE DERIK KELLER governing discovery materials
- #17-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Amanda Jawad appearing for USA.
- #19-Unopposed MOTION to Continue , Unopposed MOTION for Speedy Trial Exclusion of Time by USA as to KLETE DERIK KELLER
- #20-NOTICE of Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to KLETE DERIK KELLER
- #24-PLEA AGREEMENT as to KLETE DERIK KELLER
- #25-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by KLETE DERIK KELLER
- #26-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to KLETE DERIK KELLER
- #28-ENTERED IN ERROR.Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Items Protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to KLETE DERIK KELLER_
- #29-Amended MOTION for Disclosure of Items Protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to KLETE DERIK KELLER_
- #30-NOTICE Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to KLETE DERIK KELLER
- #31 NOTICE Regarding Status of Discovery as of November 5, 2021 by USA as to KLETE DERIK KELLER
- #32-Unopposed MOTION for Leave to Appear by Telephone or Video Teleconference by USA as to KLETE DERIK KELLER
- #34-NOTICE Regarding Status of Discovery as of February 9, 2022 by USA as to KLETE DERIK KELLER
- #37-Joint MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by USA as to KLETE DERIK KELLER_
- #41-Receipt for Surrender of Passport as to KLETE DERIK KELLER
- #42-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE_ Zachary Andrew Deubler appearing for KLETE DERIK KELLER
- #43-MOTION to Substitute Attorney Edward B. MacMahon for Attorney Zachary Deubler by KLETE DERIK KELLER
- #44-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Sentencing hearing and briefing schedule by KLETE DERIK KELLER
- #45-Notice for the SUGGESTION OF DEATH of Counsel Upon the Record by KLETE DERIK KELLER
- #47-Joint MOTION to Continue Defendants Sentencing And Briefing Schedule by KLETE DERIK KELLER
- #48-NOTICE of Parties Jointly Proposed Dates for Defendants Sentencing by KLETE DERIK KELLER
- #51 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to KLETE DERIK KELLER
- #52 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by KLETE DERIK KELLER
- #52 a) Exhibit
- #52 b) Exhibit
- #52 c) Exhibit
- #52 d) Exhibit
- #52 e) Exhibit
In the news
- Coming soon