Hostsetter attended the Stop the Steal rally and followed the crowd to the Capitol. He and others broke through the police line and climbed the stairs to enter the building.
Afterwards, he characterized the event on social media as “the 2021 version of 1776.”
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Alan
- Last Name(s): Hostsetter
- Arrest Location: Orange, CA
- Judge: Royce Lamberth
- Entry Last Updated: 09/16/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 10/07/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Alan Hostsetter's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
TAMPERING WITH WITNESS, VICTIM, OR AN INFORMANT; Conspiracy to Obstruct Official Proceeding (1) TAMPERING WITH A WITNESS, VICTIM OR INFORMANT; Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting (2) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Restricted Building or Grounds (4) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Restricted Building or Grounds
Hostetter was arrested on 6/10 and appeared in court on 6/14. During his 6/14 appearance, he pleaded not guilty to all counts. His next status conference is set for 12/3.
Risa Berkower UNITED STATES ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 555 4th Street, NW Washington, DC 20530 (202) 252-6782 Fax: (202) 307-3961 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Katherine Nielsen DOJ-CRM Fraud Section 1400 New York Ave., NW Washington, DC 20530 202-355-5736 Email: [email protected] ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
NA-Released on personal recognizance.
- #1-SEALED INDICTMENT as to ALAN HOSTETTER
- #7-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Katherine Nielsen appearing for USA
- #13-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to ALAN HOSTETTER
- #18-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 6.10.2021 in Orange, CA as to ALAN HOSTETTER
- #28-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #31-MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to ALAN HOSTETTER
- #36-MOTION for Disclosure of Materials Protected by Fed. R. Crim. P. 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to ALAN HOSTETTER,
- #40-MOTION for Order Permitting Production of Sealed Materials and Material Protected
- #42-STATUS REPORT
- #45-ORDER granting 31 Motion for Protective Order as to ALAN HOSTETTER
- #47-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Karren Kenney
- #53-RDER granting 40 Motion for Disclosure as to ALAN HOSTETTER
- #55-ORDER granting 47 Motion for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice
- #61-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #62-NOTICE Regarding Defense Counsel John Pierce, Esq. by ALAN HOSTETTER
- #68-NOTICE United States' Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of September 14, 2021
- Docket Download-10.7.21
In the news
- Coming soon