Bilyard is accused of spraying bear spray at a DC Metro Police Officer in the Lower West Terrace.
He later took a black baseball bat and appears to use it to strike the lower portion of a window. Afterwards, he and others enter the room inside the Capitol.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Aiden
- Last Name(s): Bilyard
- Case Number: 22-cr-00034
- Arrest Location: Raleigh, NC
- Judge: Reggie Walton
- Entry Last Updated: 08/16/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Aiden Bilyard's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Civil Disorder (1) Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers Using a Deadly and Dangerous Weapon (2) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds Using a Deadly and Dangerous Weapon (3) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds With a Deadly and Dangerous Weapon (4) Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds With a Deadly and Dangerous Weapon (5)
Bilyard was arrested on 11/22/21 and released on personal recognizance. He was indicted 1/26/22 and arraigned 2/28. Bilyard was released on personal recognizance. His last status conference was on 7/25. The next one takes place on 9/6/ at 10 am, virtually.
Jordan Andrew Konig
Jordan Andrew Konig U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE Civil Trial Section - Northern Region P.O. Box 55 Ben Franklin Station Washington, DC 20044 (202) 305-7917 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
- Bilyard Complaint
- Bilyard Statement of Facts
- Bilyard Indictment
- #5-Arrest Warrant, dated 11_15_2021, Returned Executed on 11_22_2021 as to AIDEN HENRY BILYARD
- #6-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #7-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice
- #9-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Jordan Andrew Konig appearing for USA
- #10-ORDER Setting Conditions of Bond
- #11-NOTICE of Filing of Discovery Status Memoranda by USA as to AIDEN HENRY BILYARD
- #12-Amended MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice
- #13-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to AIDEN HENRY BILYARD
- #14-Consent MOTION for Order to Disclose Items Protected By Fed. R. Crim. P. 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to AIDEN HENRY BILYARD
- #15-SUPPLEMENT by AIDEN HENRY BILYARD
- #16-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to AIDEN HENRY BILYARD
- #18-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE_ Jamie Vavonese appearing for AIDEN HENRY BILYARD
- #22-MOTION for Extension of Time to Commence Trial Under the Speedy Trial Act, 18 U.S.C. 3161 et seq. by USA as to AIDEN HENRY BILYARD
- #23-NOTICE - United States' Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of February 9, 2022 by USA as to AIDEN HENRY BILYARD
- #24-NOTICE - United States' Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of November 5, 2021 by USA as to AIDEN HENRY BILYARD
- #26-ORDER, granting  Motion to Exclude Speedy Trial Time as to AIDEN HENRY BILYARD
- #28-ORDER as to AIDEN HENRY BILYARD
- #31-ORDER as to AIDEN HENRY BILYARD
In the news
- Coming soon