Taylor and three other men from his area planned to attend the MAGA rally in support of President Trump. Taylor also spoke at a rally the day before on the steps of the Supreme Court.
He stated he did not go inside on January 6th, and remained outside because he had a weapon on his person.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Russell
- Last Name(s): Taylor
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-392
- Arrest Location: Orange, CA
- Judge: Royce Lamberth
- Entry Last Updated: 09/16/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 10/12/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Russell Taylor's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
TAMPERING WITH WITNESS, VICTIM, OR AN INFORMANT; Conspiracy to Obstruct Official Proceeding (1) TAMPERING WITH A WITNESS, VICTIM OR INFORMANT; Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting (2) CIVIL DISORDER; Obstruction of Law Enforcement During Civil Disorder and Aiding and Abetting (3) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Restricted Building or Grounds (4) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Restricted Building or Grounds (5) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Unlawful Possession of a Dangerous Weapon on Capitol Grounds or Buildings (6)
Russell Taylor was arrested on 6/10/21. His next status conference takes place on 12/3.
Risa Berkower UNITED STATES ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 555 4th Street, NW Washington, DC 20530 (202) 252-6782 Fax: (202) 307-3961 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Katherine Nielsen DOJ-CRM Fraud Section 1400 New York Ave., NW Washington, DC 20530 202-355-5736 Email: [email protected] ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
NA-Released on personal recognizance.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- #1-SEALED INDICTMENT as to ALAN HOSTETTER
- #7-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Katherine Nielsen appearing for USA
- #8-MOTION to Stay Release Order by USA as to RUSSELL TAYLOR
- #19-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 6.10.2021 in Orange, CA as to RUSSELL TAYLOR
- #11-MOTION to Revoke Release Order by USA as to RUSSELL TAYLOR
- #16-MEMORANDUM OPINION as to RUSSELL TAYLOR
- #17-ORDER denying 8 Motion to Stay as to RUSSELL TAYLOR
- #24-Unopposed MOTION to Continue and to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to RUSSELL TAYLOR
- #26-ORDER granting 24 Motion to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act as to RUSSELL TAYLOR
- #38-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #39-Memorandum in Opposition by RUSSELL TAYLOR
- #56-ORDER denying 11 Motion to Revoke as to RUSSELL TAYLOR
- #57-MEMORANDUM OPINION as to RUSSELL TAYLOR
- #58-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to RUSSELL TAYLOR
- #64-Supplemental MOTION to Travel and withdrawl of prior request by RUSSELL TAYLOR
- #65-ORDER granting 64 Motion to Travel as to RUSSELL TAYLOR
- Docket Download-10.12.21
In the news
- Coming soon