While Byerly did not use social media himself on Jan. 6th, law enforcement photographs show him outside Capitol premises. He brought a taser to the event and allegedly engaged in two unrelated assaults within the crowd.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Alan William
- Last Name(s): Byerly
- Case Number: 21-cr-527
- Arrest Location: Fleetwood, PA
- Judge: G. Michael Harvey
- Entry Last Updated: 08/11/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 10/02/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: Yes
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Alan William Byerly's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Assault, Assault on a federal officer, Civil disorder, unlawful entry on restricted buildings or grounds and engaging in physical violence. Violent entry, disorderly conduct, and other offenses on US Capitol grounds.
Byerly was arrested in Fleetwood, PA on 7/7/21 and appeared before a judge in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania on 7/12/21. He was ordered detained and transported to DC, where he remains committed. During a hearing on 8/31/21, he pleaded not guilty to all counts. The last status conference was on 9/27 at 11 AM.
Anita Eve US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE/PA 615 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19106 215 861 8577 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Caroline Burrell US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 555 Fourth Street, NW Washington, DC 20530 202 252 6950 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Alan Byerly Inmate #378165 Correctional Treatment Facility-DC CTF 1901 D Street, SE Washington, DC 20003
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to ALAN WILLIAM BYERLY
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to ALAN WILLIAM BYERLY
- #5-MOTION to Unseal Case by USA as to ALAN WILLIAM BYERLY.
- #6-ORDER granting 5 Motion by USA to Unseal Case as to Defendant ALAN WILLIAM BYERLY
- #7-First MOTION to Commit Defendant to Custody of Attorney General Pre-Trial Detention by USA as to ALAN WILLIAM BYERLY.
- #13-NOTICE OF FILING TRIAL EXHIBITS INTRODUCED INTO EVIDENCE Pursuant to Rule 49 by USA as to ALAN WILLIAM BYERLY
- #15-MOTION to Continue Detention Hearing and Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act (Unopposed), Order with a Certificate of Service by ALAN WILLIAM BYERLY.
- #16-ORDER granting 15 Unopposed Motion to Continue Detention Hearing as to ALAN WILLIAM BYERLY
- #21-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Anita Eve appearing for USA. Arraignment
- #22-NOTICE of Filing by USA as to ALAN WILLIAM BYERLY
- #23-NOTICE of Discovery Filing by USA as to ALAN WILLIAM BYERLY
In the news
- Coming soon