Chrestman entered the Capitol with other members of the Proud Boys organization. He and others in the group moved through the crowd in a military formation, based on their training as veterans and former police.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): William
- Last Name(s): Chrestman
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-160
- Arrest Location: Olathe, KS
- Judge: Timothy Kelly
- Entry Last Updated: 08/13/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 06/15/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: Yes
- Support William Chrestman: Click here to help cover William's legal and living expenses
Conspiracy; Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting; Obstruction of Law Enforcement During Civil Disorder and Aiding and Abetting; Threatening a Federal Officer; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds and Carrying a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds and Carrying a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon
Chrestman was arrested on 2/11/21. He initially appeared in court on 2/26. During an arraignment on 3/24, he pleaded not guilty to all counts. The next status conference is set for 10/1 at 4pm.
Christopher Berridge US ATTORNEY"S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA-555 4th St NW, Washington DC 20001-202 252 [email protected], LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Christopher K. Veatch US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE, Northern District of Illinois, 219 S Dearborn St, 5th Floor, Chicago, IL 60604 312 353 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED- Designation: US Assistant Attorney
William Chrestman Inmate #376975 Correctional Treatment Facillity-DC CTF 1901 D Street SE Washington, DC 20003 *Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
Information on Writing/Encouragement
- #8-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Preliminary Hearing, Unopposed MOTION to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to REED KNOX CHRISTENSEN.
- #9-MOTION for Emergency Stay and MOTION for Review of Release Order by USA as to WILLIAM CHRESTMAN
- #10-MOTION for Transport Order by USA as to WILLIAM CHRESTMAN
- #13-ORDER, as to WILLIAM CHRESTMAN (5), GRANTING the government's 7 Motion to Stay Release
- #15-TRANSPORT ORDER as to WILLIAM CHRESTMAN (5). Signed by Chief Judge Beryl A. Howell
- #24-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-Peter A. Cooper appearing for WILLIAM CHRESTMAN
- #26-ORDER, as to WILLIAM CHRESTMAN (5), GRANTING the government's 7 Motion for Review of Release Order.
- #27-MEMORANDUM OPINION, as to WILLIAM CHRESTMAN (5), regarding the government's 7 Motion for Review of Release Order.
- #51-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Christopher K. Veatch appearing for USA
- #53-Joint STATUS REPORT by USA as to WILLIAM CHRESTMAN
- #62-Arrest Warrant, dated 2.10.2021, returned executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 2.26.2021 as to Defendant WILLIAM CHRESTMAN
- #71-Protective Order Governing Discovery
- #74-MOTION for Reconsideration by WILLIAM CHRESTMAN
- #77-Memorandum in Opposition by USA as to WILLIAM CHRESTMAN
- #78-REPLY TO OPPOSITION to Motion by WILLIAM CHRESTMAN
- Docket Download-6.15.21
In the news
- Coming soon