William Pope left a tip of the FBI internet system saying “I would like to turn myself in. I was in the Capitol on January 6. I did not damage any property or engage in any violence. I am loyal to the United States and was only there to exercise my freedom of speech. I left the building voluntarily.” There are pictures of both William and Michael Pope inside the Capitol, however there is no detail of any violence in the Statement of Facts committed by either of these two men.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): William Alexander
- Last Name(s): Pope
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-128
- Arrest Location: Topeka, KS
- Judge: Zia M. Faruqui
- Entry Last Updated: 07/21/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/09/2021
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover William Alexander Pope's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Civil Disorder Obstruction of an Official Proceeding Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds Impeding Ingress and Egress in a Restricted Building or Grounds Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building Impeding Passage Through the Capitol Grounds or Buildings Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
William Pope was arrested on 2/12/21 and was charged via indictment on 2/17. Pope pleaded not guilty to counts 1-8 of the indictment filed on 2/17. Next status conference set for 8/23 at 11 a.m. The defendant remains on personal recognizance.
In the news
- Coming soon