Lovly and codefendants Brody, Chase, Carey, and Lizan entered the Capitol through the Senate Wing door. They walked through the crypt with others and entered Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s conference room. Then they visited the Senate Chambers.
After existing the building, Lovly allegedly stood nearby when Brody lifted a metal barricade in the direction of police.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Paul
- Last Name(s): Lovley
- Case Number: 22-mj-203
- Arrest Location: Washington, DC
- Judge: G. Michael Harvey
- Entry Last Updated: 11/28/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 11/28/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Paul Lovley's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (4) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (5) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (6) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (7)
Arrested 9/19/22. Released on personal recognizance on 9/22/22. Status hearing continued to 2/14/2023 at 1:00 PM by Telephonic/VTC before Magistrate Judge Moxila A. Upadhyaya.
Joseph H. Huynh
Assistant United States Attorney 405 East 8th Avenue, Suite 2400 Eugene, Oregon 97401-2708 Telephone:(541) 465-6771 Email- [email protected]
- #1 Complaint
- #1 a) Statement of Facts
- #8 Arrest Warrant, dated 9/12/2022, Returned Executed on 9/19/2022 as to PAUL EWALD LOVLEY
- #12 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: David Barry Benowitz appearing for PAUL EWALD LOVLEY
- #13 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Matthew Wilson appearing for PAUL EWALD LOVLEY
- #21 ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to PAUL EWALD LOVLEY (2) Personal Recognizance Bond. Signed by Magistrate Judge G. Michael Harvey on 9/22/2022
- #24 Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to PAUL EWALD LOVLEY.
- #28 Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to JOSEPH BRODY, PAUL EWALD LOVLEY, THOMAS CAREY, GABRIEL CHASE, JON LIZAK
- #29 PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to JOSEPH BRODY (1), PAUL EWALD LOVLEY (2), THOMAS CAREY (3), GABRIEL CHASE (4) and JON LIZAK (5). Signed by Magistrate Judge Zia M. Faruqui on 10/3/2022.
- #39 Joint MOTION to Continue Status Conference, Joint MOTION to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to PAUL EWALD LOVLEY
- #41 ORDER granting  Motion to Continue Status Hearing and Exclude Time as to PAUL EWALD LOVLEY (2). The time between 11/15/2022 and 02/14/2023 shall be excluded from calculation under the Speedy Trial Act. Set/Reset Hearings as to PAUL EWALD LOVLEY (2): Status hearing continued to 2/14/2023 at 1:00 PM by Telephonic/VTC before Magistrate Judge Moxila A. Upadhyaya. Signed by Magistrate Judge G. Michael Harvey on 11/14/2022.
In the news
- Coming soon