Gabriel Chase entered the Capitol with four friends and appeared to walk peacefully along with the crowd. Chase and his friends entered Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s conference room. He then stood outside the Senate Chambers.
Chase supposedly destroyed media equipment abandoned on the north end of the Capitol after leaving.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Gabriel
- Last Name(s): Chase
- Case Number: 23-cr-00018
- Arrest Location: Gainesville, FL
- Judge: G. Michael Harvey
- Judge: Moxila Upadhyaya
- Judge: Colleen Kollar-Kotelly
- Entry Last Updated: 07/07/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 11/28/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Gabriel Chase 's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (1)
Arrested 9/20/22. Released on personal recognizance on 9/22/22. 1/17/23 Indictment issued. On 2/6/23, he plead guilty to count 1. Sentencing is on 7/5/23 at 2pm virtually.
Joseph H. Huynh
D.C. Bar No. 495403Assistant United States Attorney (Detailed)405 East 8th Avenue, Suite 2400 Eugene, Oregon 97401-2708 Telephone:(541) 465-6771 Email- [email protected]
- #1 Complaint
- #1 a) Statement of Facts
- #9 Arrest Warrant, dated 9/12/2022, Returned Executed on 9/20/2022 as to GABRIEL CHASE
- #19 ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to GABRIEL CHASE (4) Personal Recognizance Bond. Signed by Magistrate Judge G. Michael Harvey on 9/22/2022.
- #26 Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to GABRIEL CHASE.
- #28 Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to JOSEPH BRODY, PAUL EWALD LOVLEY, THOMAS CAREY, GABRIEL CHASE, JON LIZAK
- #29 PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to JOSEPH BRODY (1), PAUL EWALD LOVLEY (2), THOMAS CAREY (3), GABRIEL CHASE (4) and JON LIZAK (5). Signed by Magistrate Judge Zia M. Faruqui on 10/3/2022.
- #30 MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Tom Edwards Filing fee $ 100, receipt number ADCDC-9575174. Fee Status: Fee Paid. by GABRIEL CHASE
- #30 a) Declaration
- #31 ORDER granting  Motion for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Counsel should register for e-filing via PACER and file a notice of appearance pursuant to LCrR 44.5(a). Click for instructions as to GABRIEL CHASE (4). Signed by Magistrate Judge Zia M. Faruqui on 10/4/2022
- #33 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Thomas L Edwards appearing for GABRIEL CHASE
- #37 Joint MOTION to Continue Status Hearing, Joint MOTION to Exclude Time under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to GABRIEL CHASE.
- #43 ORDER granting  Motion to Continue Status Hearing and Exclude Time as to GABRIEL CHASE (4). The time between 11/17/2022 and 2/14/2023 shall be excluded from calculation under the Speedy Trial Act. Set/Reset Hearings as to GABRIEL CHASE (4): Status hearing continued to 2/14/2023 at 1:00 PM by Telephonic/VTC before Magistrate Judge Moxila A. Upadhyaya. Signed by Magistrate Judge G. Michael Harvey on 11/15/2022
- #44-INFORMATION as to GABRIEL CHASE
- #47-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to GABRIEL CHASE
- #48-PLEA AGREEMENT as to GABRIEL CHASE
- #49-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to GABRIEL CHASE
- #51-RESPONSE by GABRIEL CHASE to PSR
- #56-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to GABRIEL CHASE
- #57-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by GABRIEL CHASE
- #58-Unopposed MOTION to Review Request to Seal Document Nunc Pro Tunc by GABRIEL CHASE
In the news
- Coming soon