There are images of Sibick reaching for a Capitol Police officer’s badge and radio. Sibick is also pictured with a riot shield, allegedly from a Capitol Police officer. It is not clear if Sibick entered the Capitol Building itself, however a long back and forth between Sibick and the FBI transpired after January 6th regarding the stolen property. Sibick’s story changed a number of times, however the badge was eventually returned but the radio was not.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Thomas
- Last Name(s): Sibick
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-291
- Arrest Location: Buffalo, NY
- Entry Last Updated: 08/04/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/25/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: Yes
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Thomas Sibick's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority; Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds; Obstruction of Law Enforcement During Civil Disorder; Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers; Taking from a Person Anything of Value by Force and Violence or by Intimidation Within Special Maritime and Territorial Jurisdiction
Sibick was arrested on 3/12/21 and ordered detained pending trial on 3/17/21. Sibick pleaded not guilty to counts 1,3,4,6,8-13 of the indictment on 4/21/21. Defendant remains committed. Status conference set for 8/3/21 at 2:30 pm.
In the news
- Coming soon