Spigelmyer and the Clarks had a plan to go to D.C. A private message from Christy Clark’s Facebook account related to traveling to Washington, D.C. in January 2021 stated, “We are bringing Paul Spigelmyer along as well. Now he is a wired old man.” There is no account of physical violence on Paul’s behalf.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Paul
- Last Name(s): Spigelmyer
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-218
- Arrest Location: Harrisburg, PA
- Judge: Zia M. Faruqui
- Judge: Amit Mehta
- Entry Last Updated: 12/06/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/24/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Paul Spigelmyer's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (2) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Spigelmyer was arrested on 2/10/21 and made his initial appearance on 2/16. Charged via information on 3/12/21. He was arraigned on 3/18/21 and pleaded not guilty to all counts. Defendant remains on personal recognizance. On 6/29/22, he plead guilty to count 4. On 10/28, he was sentenced to 24 months of probation, with the first 45 days spent on home detention.
James I. Pearce North Carolina Bar No. 44691 Special Assistant United States Attorney 555 4th Street, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20530 Telephone No. (202) 262-7359 [email protected]
- Docket Download-8.22.21
- #9-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to PAUL SPIGELMYER
- #17-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to PAUL SPIGELMYER
- #20-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Allen Howard Orenberg appearing for PAUL SPIGELMYER
- #25-NOTICE of the Filing of Discovery Request Letter by PAUL SPIGELMYER
- #28-Arrest Warrant, dated 2.8.2021, returned executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 2.16.2021 as to Defendant PAUL SPIGELMYER
- #30-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to PAUL SPIGELMYER.
- #33-ORDER as to PAUL SPIGELMYER
- #41-NOTICE Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to MATTHEW CLARK, CHRISTY CLARK, PAUL SPIGELMYER
- #45Joint MOTION to Continue September 21, 2021 Status Conference For 60 Days by USA as to MATTHEW CLARK, CHRISTY CLARK, PAUL SPIGELMYER
- #49-NOTICE OF FILING by USA as to MATTHEW CLARK, CHRISTY CLARK, PAUL SPIGELMYER
- #54-Joint MOTION to Continue February 18, 2022 Status Conference for 30 Days by USA as to MATTHEW CLARK, CHRISTY CLARK, PAUL SPIGELMYER
- #75-PLEA AGREEMENT as to PAUL SPIGELMYER
- #76-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by PAUL SPIGELMYER
- #84-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Kathryn E. Fifield appearing for USA
- #87-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by PAUL SPIGELMYER
- #92-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to PAUL SPIGELMYER
- #103-JUDGMENT as to PAUL SPIGELMYER
In the news
- Coming soon