Upon being asked how he felt about what happened on January 6th, Kelly stated that he felt “conflicted,” as “… you violate someone else’s space … force your way into a building … in some ways that really feels wrong … but, … that [space] really does belong to us.” KELLY continued, “… that should only be an absolute last resort … maybe we shouldn’t have done that … it’s just, you come to the end of your rope … and you get swept up in a movement … and there’s a bunch of people running and doing this … it’s not the logical mind that’s working anymore … you’re just reacting to things and, finally, there’s a chance that you can be heard … we took that chance … God will judge us … perhaps I did something wrong … I tried to be as respectful as I could while I was in there, you know, while still saying what I felt needed to be said.” There is no evidence of any violence committed by Kelly.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Leo
- Last Name(s): Kelly
- Case Number: 1:21-mj-93
- Arrest Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
- Judge: Zia M. Faruqui
- Entry Last Updated: 08/11/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/25/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Leo Kelly's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority; Violent Entry with Intent to Disrupt the Orderly Conduct of Official Business and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds
Arrested 1/18. Initial appearance held 2/9. Status hearing continued to 9/9 at 1 pm. Defendant remains on personal recognizance.
In the news
- Coming soon