Hyland attended the event with his girlfriend Katherine Schwab as well as other acquaintances. They decided to attend the 1pm event promoted on the MAGA website because it was crowded early in the morning.
When Schwab and Hyland arrived, people were already inside the Capitol. When he asked police if he could enter, they told him “everyone else is.” He heard a loud bang and immediately left the building.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Jason
- Last Name(s): Hyland
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-50
- Arrest Location: Plano, TX
- Judge: Christopher Cooper
- Entry Last Updated: 04/29/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/29/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Jason Hyland's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (2) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Hyland was arrested on 2/2/21. Released on personal recognizance on 2/16/21. He pleaded not guilty to counts 1-4 on 3/9/21. On 3/28/22, he entered a plea of guilty as to count 4. Sentencing set for 8/2/2022 at 02:00 PM in Courtroom 27A (in person) before Judge Christopher R. Cooper. Remains on personal recognizance.
Frances Elizabeth Blake
Frances Elizabeth Blake US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 1701 W Highway 83-Ste 600 McAllen, TX 78572 956 618 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Kimberly Louise Paschall
Kimberly Louise Paschall US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 555 Fourth Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20530 202 252 [email protected] TERMINATED 2/24/2021-LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: US Assistant Attorney
NA-Released on conditions.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Jason Lee Hyland et al Docket Sheet as of 04/29/2022
- Docket Download-7.10.21
- #8-SEALED COMPLAINT as to JASON LEE HYLAND
- #12-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to JASON LEE HYLAND
- #14-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to JASON LEE HYLAND
- #17-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Nina J. Ginsberg appearing for JASON LEE HYLAND
- #18-SUPERSEDING INFORMATION as to JENNIFER LEIGH RYAN
- #22-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to JASON LEE HYLAND from US District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- #27-Arrest Warrant, dated 1.28.2021, returned executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 2.16.2021 as to Defendant JASON LEE HYLAND
- #28-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to JENNIFER LEIGH RYAN, JASON LEE HYLAND, KATHERINE STAVELEY SCHWAB
- #29-STIPULATED PROTECTIVE ORDER as to JENNIFER LEIGH RYAN (1), JASON LEE HYLAND
- #30-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release- Defendant JASON LEE HYLAND
- #33-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY SUBSTITUTION. Frances Elizabeth Blake appearing for USA
- #34-SUPERSEDING INFORMATION as to JENNIFER LEIGH RYAN
- #40-Unopposed MOTION to Continue by USA as to JENNIFER LEIGH RYAN, JASON LEE HYLAND, KATHERINE STAVELEY SCHWAB
- #42-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Rochlin, Karen E. added. Substituting for attorney Frances Blake
- #43-NOTICE Of Filing by USA as to JENNIFER LEIGH RYAN, JASON LEE HYLAND, KATHERINE STAVELEY SCHWAB
- #45-STATUS REPORT Regarding Status of Discovery As Of October 21, 2021 by USA as to JENNIFER LEIGH RYAN, JASON LEE HYLAND, KATHERINE STAVELEY SCHWAB
- #54-STATUS REPORT Regarding Status of Discovery as of November 25, 2021 by USA as to JASON LEE HYLAND, KATHERINE STAVELEY SCHWAB
- #60-STATUS REPORT Regarding Status of Discovery As Of February 9, 2022 by USA as to JASON LEE HYLAND, KATHERINE STAVELEY SCHWAB
- #63-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Plea Hearing by JASON LEE HYLAND
- #65-PLEA AGREEMENT as to JASON LEE HYLAND
- #66-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Jason M. Crawford appearing for USA
- #66-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA and JASON LEE HYLAND
In the news
- Coming soon