Hyland attended the event with his girlfriend Katherine Schwab as well as other acquaintances. They decided to attend the 1pm event promoted on the MAGA website because it was crowded early in the morning.
When Schwab and Hyland arrived, people were already inside the Capitol. When he asked police if he could enter, they told him “everyone else is.” He heard a loud bang and immediately left the building.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Jason
- Last Name(s): Hyland
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-50
- Arrest Location: Plano, TX
- Judge: Christopher Cooper
- Entry Last Updated: 08/06/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 07/10/2021
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Jason Hyland's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building; Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Hyland was arrested on 2/2/21. He pleaded not guilty to counts 1-4. A status hearing is TBD.
Frances Elizabeth Blake
Frances Elizabeth Blake US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 1701 W Highway 83-Ste 600 McAllen, TX 78572 956 618 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Kimberly Louise Paschall
Kimberly Louise Paschall US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 555 Fourth Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20530 202 252 [email protected] TERMINATED 2/24/2021-LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: US Assistant Attorney
NA-Released on conditions.
- #8-SEALED COMPLAINT as to JASON LEE HYLAND
- #12-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to JASON LEE HYLAND
- #14-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to JASON LEE HYLAND
- #17-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Nina J. Ginsberg appearing for JASON LEE HYLAND
- #18-SUPERSEDING INFORMATION as to JENNIFER LEIGH RYAN
- #22-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to JASON LEE HYLAND from US District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- #27-Arrest Warrant, dated 1.28.2021, returned executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 2.16.2021 as to Defendant JASON LEE HYLAND
- #28-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to JENNIFER LEIGH RYAN, JASON LEE HYLAND, KATHERINE STAVELEY SCHWAB
- #29-STIPULATED PROTECTIVE ORDER as to JENNIFER LEIGH RYAN (1), JASON LEE HYLAND
- #30-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release- Defendant JASON LEE HYLAND
- #33-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY SUBSTITUTION. Frances Elizabeth Blake appearing for USA
- #34-SUPERSEDING INFORMATION as to JENNIFER LEIGH RYAN
- Docket Download-7.10.21
In the news
- Coming soon