Cusick and his son attended the rally to support President Trump. They entered the Capitol building with the crowd and took pictures. There is no evidence they acted violently.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): James Varnell
- Last Name(s): Cusick Jr.
- Case Number: 21-cr-575
- Arrest Location: Melbourne, FL
- Judge: Randolph Moss
- Judge: John Bates
- Entry Last Updated: 01/08/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/28/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support James Varnell Cusick Jr.: Click here to help cover James Varnell's legal and living expenses
Entering and Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (2) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds.(3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Cusick was arrested on 6/24/21. A new case #21-cr-00575, including David Lesperance, Casey Cusick and James Cusick (newly added) was opened w/ new Information filed 9/13/21. Entered a plea of not guilty to all counts of the Information on 11/4/21. Status Conference held on 11/2/2022 before Judge John D. Bates. Next Status Conference set for 1/13/2023 at 11:00 AM in Telephonic/VTC.
Anne P. McNamara DOJ-USAO 555 4th Street, NW Washington, DC 20530 202 809 3502 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant US Attorney
D.C. Bar No. 986769 Trial Attorney (detailed to the U.S. Attorney's Office)601 D Street NW Washington, D.C. 20530 Phone- (202)-598-2337 Email- [email protected]
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
Information on Writing/Encouragement
Global Outreach Ministries 25344 Wesley Chapel Blvd Lutz, FL 33559 813 540 3947- their mission is to spread the Gospel through music and film.
- James Varnell Cusick Jr et al Docket Sheet as of 04/28/2022
- Lesperance Cusick Cusick NEW CASE #21-cr-00575 Docket Sheet as of 04/19/2022
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to JAMES VERNELL CUSICK, JR
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to JAMES VERNELL CUSICK, JR.
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to JAMES VERNELL CUSICK, JR
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 6.24.2021 in Melbourne, FL as to JAMES VERNELL CUSICK, JR
- NEW CASE #21-cr-00575 #1 INFORMATION as to DAVID JOHN LESPERANCE (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4, CASEY CUSICK (2) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4, JAMES VARNELL CUSICK, JR (3) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4
- #3 STANDING ORDER as to ALL DEFENDANTS requiring the government to produce any evidence in its possession that is favorable to the defendant and material to either the defendant's guilt or punishment. Signed by Judge Emmet G. Sullivan on 09/27/21.
- #5 Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to DAVID JOHN LESPERANCE, CASEY CUSICK, JAMES VARNELL CUSICK, JR.
- #7-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to JAMES VARNELL CUSICK JR.
- #8 STATUS REPORT by SANTHA SONENBERG as to DAVID JOHN LESPERANCE, CASEY CUSICK, JAMES VARNELL CUSICK, JR
- #9 NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Fedor, Maria Y. added. Substituting for attorney Anne P. McNamara
- #10 NOTICE of Appearance Conflict Counsel by SANTHA SONENBERG as to DAVID JOHN LESPERANCE, CASEY CUSICK, JAMES VARNELL CUSICK, JR
- #11 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: John M. Pierce appearing for DAVID JOHN LESPERANCE, CASEY CUSICK, JAMES VARNELL CUSICK, JR
- #12-NOTICE OF FILING by USA as to DAVID JOHN LESPERANCE, CASEY CUSICK, JAMES VARNELL CUSICK, JR
- #17 NOTICE OF FILING OF UNITED STATES MEMORANDUM REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY AS OF FEBRUARY 9, 2022 by USA as to DAVID JOHN LESPERANCE, CASEY CUSICK, JAMES VARNELL CUSICK, JR
- #18 REDACTED DOCUMENT (Report And Recommendation Regarding Single Attorney Representing Three Co-Defendants In The Same Case) by SANTHA SONENBERG as to DAVID JOHN LESPERANCE (01), CASEY CUSICK (02), JAMES VARNELL CUSICK, JR
- #19 RESPONSE re 18 by USA as to DAVID JOHN LESPERANCE, CASEY CUSICK, JAMES VARNELL CUSICK, JR TO THE REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION REGARDING SINGLE ATTORNEY REPRESENTING THREE CO-DEFENDANTS IN THE SAME CASE Modified to add link on 3/3/2022
- #20-Unopposed MOTION for Order TO DISCLOSE ITEMS PROTECTED BY FEDERAL RULE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE 6(e) AND SEALED MATERIALS by USA as to DAVID JOHN LESPERANCE, CASEY
- #24 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Michael Jeremy Satin appearing for DAVID JOHN LESPERANCE et al
- #26 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Margarita K. O'Donnell appearing for JAMES VARNELL CUSICK, JR
- #29 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Francesco Valentini appearing for USA.
- #30 NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL OF APPEARANCE by USA as to DAVID JOHN LESPERANCE, CASEY CUSICK, JAMES VARNELL CUSICK, JR
- #39 NOTICE Second Supplement to Report and Recommendation by SANTHA SONENBERG as to DAVID JOHN LESPERANCE, CASEY CUSICK, JAMES VARNELL CUSICK, JR re  Redacted Document
- #42 ORDER regarding defendants' waivers of the right to conflict-free counsel. See text of Order for details. Signed by Judge John D. Bates on 11/21/2022.
In the news
- Coming soon