Davis is outside the Capitol carrying a large pole or stick. He allegedly wielded this at police.
After pushing an officer, he supposedly said: “I fought for this country, what the **** are you doing? I’m military police.”
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): James Russell
- Last Name(s): Davis
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-595
- Arrest Location: Washington, DC
- Judge: Timothy Kelly
- Entry Last Updated: 04/28/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/28/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support James Russell Davis: Click here to help cover James Russell's legal and living expenses
Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct and Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings (3) Obstruction of Law Enforcement During Civil Disorder. (4)
Davis was arrested on 1/28/21. He appeared in court the same afternoon. During an arraignment on 10/15, he pleaded not guilty to all counts. On 03/09/2022, it was ordered that the status conference scheduled be rescheduled to May 10, 2022. This conference was then rescheduled to 8/1 at 10am virtually.
Mitra Jafray-Hariri USDOJ-USAO 211 W Fort Street, #2001, Detroit, MI 48226 313 226 [email protected] ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- James Russell Davis Docket Sheet as of 04/28/2022
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to JAMES RUSSELL DAVIS
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to JAMES RUSSELL DAVIS
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to JAMES RUSSELL DAVIS
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 7.28.2021 in Washington, DC as to JAMES RUSSELL DAVIS
- #7-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Jay P. Mykytiuk appearing for JAMES RUSSELL DAVIS
- #8-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #9-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to JAMES RUSSELL DAVIS (
- #15-Unopposed MOTION for Order to Disclose 6(e) Protected and Sealed Materials by USA as to JAMES RUSSELL DAVIS
- #16-ORDER as to JAMES RUSSEL DAVIS
- #17-ORDER as to JAMES RUSSELL DAVIS
- #20-SUPERSEDING INDICTMENT as to JAMES RUSSELL DAVIS.
- #22-STATUS REPORT Regarding Discovery by USA as to JAMES RUSSELL DAVIS
- #23-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #24-Unopposed MOTION to Exclude Time from the Speedy Trial Clock and Adjourn Status Conference by USA as to JAMES RUSSELL DAVIS_
- #26-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA
- #27-Unopposed MOTION to Continue and Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to JAMES RUSSELL DAVIS_
In the news
- Coming soon