Photos and video footage confirm Lesperance was at the Capitol on Jan. 6th. He is seen walking inside, but there is no evidence he engaged in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): David
- Last Name(s): Lesperance
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-575
- Arrest Location: Melbourne, FL
- Judge: Emmet Sullivan
- Judge: Carl J. Nichols.
- Entry Last Updated: 04/19/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/18/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover David Lesperance's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority (1) Disorderly or Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (2) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds (3)
Lesperance was arrested on 6/24 and appeared in court the same afternoon. He was released on personal recognizance. During an arraignment on 6/30, he pleaded not guilty to all counts. On 09/30/2021, the United States' Motion to Dismiss Case Without Prejudice was granted by Judge Carl J. Nichols. A new case #21-cr-00575, including David Lesperance, Casey Cusick and James Cusick (newly added) was opened.
Anne P. McNamara DOJ-USAO-District of Columbia 555 Fourth Street, N.W. Washington, DC 20530 202 809 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY- ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Lesperance Cusick Cusick NEW CASE #21-cr-00575 Docket Sheet as of 04/19/2022
- David John Lesperance et al DISMISSED CASE #21-cr-00439 Docket Sheet as of 04/18/2022
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to DAVID JOHN LESPERANCE
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to DAVID JOHN LESPERANCE
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to DAVID JOHN LESPERANCE
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 6.24.2021 Melbourne, FL as to DAVID JOHN LESPERANCE
- #6-INFORMATION as to DAVID JOHN LESPERANCE
- #8-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-John M. Pierce appearing for DAVID JOHN LESPERANCE
- #9-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to DAVID JOHN LESPERANCE
- #10-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to DAVID JOHN LESPERANCE.
- #11-STANDING ORDER as to DAVID JOHN LESPERANCE
- #12- NOTICE REGARDING DEFENSE COUNSEL JOHN PIERCE, ESQ. by USA as to DAVID JOHN LESPERANCE
- #14-NOTICE of Related Cases and Intent to Supersede Information by USA as to DAVID JOHN LESPERANCE
- #15-Receipt for Surrender on 9.10.2021 of Passport as to DAVID JOHN LESPERANCE
- #16-MOTION to Dismiss Case Without Prejudice by USA as to DAVID JOHN LESPERANCE
In the news
- Coming soon