Surveillance showed Miller entering the Capitol. He is holding an American flag and filming.
After Jan. 6th, he expressed his grief for the death of Ashli Babbitt on social media. Further discussion threads show him arguing how police and elected leaders deserve harm for the events that occurred.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Garret
- Last Name(s): Miller
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-119
- Arrest Location: Richardson, TX
- Judge: Carl Nichols
- Entry Last Updated: 07/26/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 07/26/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: Yes
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Garret Miller's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Civil Disorder; Obstruction of an Official Proceeding; Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers; Interstate Threats to Injure or Kidnap; Entering and REmaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Impeding Ingress and Egress in a Restricted Building or Gorunds; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Impeding Passage Through the Capitol Grounds or Buildings; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Miller was arrested on 1/20/21 and ordered detained after a 1/25 hearing. He pleaded not guilty to all counts on 4/1/21. and 5/26. His last status conference was held on 8/20.
Elizabeth C. Kelley US ATTORNEY"S OFFICE 555 FOURTH STREET, N.W., Washington, DC 20530 202 252 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Amanda Jawad DOJ-USAO 211 W Fort Street, #2001-Detroit, MI 48226- 313 226 [email protected] ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Garret Miller Inmate #377321 Correctional Treatment Facility-DC CTF 1901 D Street, SE Washington, DC 20003
Information on Writing/Encouragement
*Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to GARRET MILLER
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to GARRET MILLER.
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to GARRET MILLER
- #5-Amended Complaint by USA as to GARRET MILLER
- #7-Amended MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to GARRET MILLER
- #8-ORDER granting 7 Motion to Seal Case as to GARRET MILLER
- #9-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to GARRET MILLER from US DISTRICT COURT OF THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF TEXAS
- #10-INDICTMENT as to GARRET MILLER
- #12-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Elizabeth C. Kelley appearing for USA.
- #13-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Camille Wagner F. Clinton Broden F. Clinton Broden
- #14-MOTION to Revoke Detention Order by GARRET MILLER
- #15-MOTION for Extension of Time to File Response Reply as to 14 MOTION to Revoke Detention Order by USA as to GARRET MILLER
- #16-Memorandum in Opposition by USA as to GARRET MILLER re 14 MOTION to Revoke Detention Order
- #17-MOTION to Continue , MOTION to Exclude Time by USA as to GARRET MILLER
- #18-REPLY to Opposition to re 14 MOTION to Revoke Detention Order (Reply) by GARRET MILLER.
- #19-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-Clinton Broden appearing for GARRET MILLER
- #20-RESPONSE by GARRET MILLER re 17 MOTION to Continue MOTION to Exclude Time
- #21-SUPPLEMENT by GARRET MILLER re 14 MOTION to Revoke Detention Order
- #22-ORDER. Signed by Judge Carl J. Nichols on April 1, 2021
- #23-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to GARRET MILLER
- #24-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to GARRET MILLER.
- #25-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to GARRET MILLER.
- #26-ORDER granting 25 Motion for Protective Order as to GARRET MILLER.
- #29-NOTICE of Defendant's Acceptance of the Protective Order by GARRET MILLER
- #30-SUPERSEDING INDICTMENT as to GARRET MILLER
- #32-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Joanne D. Slaight appearing for STEPHANIE DANIELLE MILLER
- #34-MOTION to Dismiss Count Three of the Superseding Indictment for Failure to State an Offense and Memorandum of Law in Support Thereof by GARRET MILLER
- #36-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Amanda Jawad appearing for USA
- #37-NOTICE of Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to GARRET MILLER
- #38-REPLY by GARRET MILLER re 35 Memorandum in Opposition
- #40- NOTICE of Filing Discovery Letter by USA as to GARRET MILLER
- #41-Unopposed MOTION to Exclude Time under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to GARRET MILLER
- #42-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Letter by USA as to GARRET MILLER
- #43-Consent MOTION to Continue Oral Argument by USA as to GARRET MILLER
- #44-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE David Lieberman appearing for USA
- Docket Download-7.26.21
In the news
- Coming soon