Video footage shows Bancroft was present in the Capitol on Jan. 6th. She and a friend told police they followed the crowd inside the building. While they expressed personal opinions and took photos, there is no evidence they engaged in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Dawn
- Last Name(s): Bancroft
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-271
- Arrest Location: Ft. Washington, PA
- Judge: Emmet Sullivan
- Entry Last Updated: 04/20/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/19/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Dawn Bancroft's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Bancroft was arrested on 1/29/21 and initially appeared in court on 2/8/21. Conditions of release (Personal Recognizance) were set on 2/10/21. During an arraignment on 4/29/21, she pleaded not guilty to all counts. On 9/28, she plead guilty to count 4. Sentencing set for 5/26/2022 at 1:00 PM in Telephonic/VTC before Judge Emmet G. Sullivan.
Rachel A. Fletcher
Rachel A. Fletcher US ATTORNEY's Office 555 Fourth St, NW Washington, DC 20350 202 252 7093, [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Sean Patrick Murphy
Sean Patrick Murphy District of Puerto Rico 350 Carlos Chardon Avenue, Torre Chardon Ste 1251-San Juan, PR 00949 787 221 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Dawn Bancroft et al Docket Sheet as of 04/19/2022
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to DAWN BANCROFT (1), DIANA SANTOS-SMITH
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to DAWN BANCROFT, DIANA SANTOS-SMITH.
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to DAWN BANCROFT (1), DIANA SANTOS-SMITH (2)
- #5-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Kira Anne West appearing for the Sole purpose of sponsoring attorney for Pro Hac Vice Motion re DAWN BANCROFT.
- #6-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Carina Laguzzi Fee Status- No Fee Paid by DAWN BANCROFT.
- #10- ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-Carina Laguzzi appearing for DAWN BANCROFT
- #12-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Carina Laguzzi appearing for DAWN BANCROFT
- #15-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to DAWN BANCROFT (1) Personal Recognizance
- #18-INFORMATION as to DAWN BANCROFT (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4, DIANA SANTOS-SMITH (2) count(s
- #20-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Sean Patrick Murphy appearing for USA.
- #21-Arrest Warrant, dated 1.28.2021, returned executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 2.8.2021 as to Defendant DAWN BANCROFT
- #25-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order Regarding Discovery by USA as to DAWN BANCROFT, DIANA SANTOS-SMITH.
- #32-PLEA AGREEMENT as to DAWN BANCROFT
- #33-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE as to DAWN BANCROFT
- #36-MOTION to Substitute Attorney Local Counsel by DAWN BANCROFT
- #39-Rule 5c3 Documents Received as to Dawn Bancroft, Diana Santos Smith
- #41-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Memoranda by USA as to DAWN BANCROFT, DIANA SANTOS-SMITH
- #49-MOTION for Permission to Travel by DAWN BANCROFT
- #50-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by DAWN BANCROFT
In the news
- Coming soon