Dawn Bancroft and Diana Santos Smith entered and exited the Capitol Building through the same window. Bancroft estimated that the two were inside the building for less than a minute. There is no account of violence committed by either of these two women.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Diana
- Last Name(s): Santos-Smith
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-271
- Judge: Zia M. Faruqui
- Entry Last Updated: 04/20/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/20/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Diana Santos-Smith's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Arrested 1/29/21 in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. During an arraignment on 4/29/21, she pleaded not guilty to all counts. On 9/28/21, she pleaded guilty to count 4. Sentencing set for 5/26/2022 at 1:00 PM in Telephonic/VTC before Judge Emmet G. Sullivan.
Rachel A. Fletcher
Rachel A. Fletcher Assistant United States Attorney TX Bar No. 24078505 Violent Crime and Narcotics Trafficking Section 555 4th Street, N.W., Room 4840 Washington, D.C. 20530 Office: (202) 252-7093 [email protected]
- Diana Santos-Smith et al Docket Sheet as of 04/20/2022
- Statement of Facts
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to DAWN BANCROFT (1), DIANA SANTOS-SMITH
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to DAWN BANCROFT, DIANA SANTOS-SMITH
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to DAWN BANCROFT
- #7-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #8-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Robert E. Goldman
- #13-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to DIANA SANTOS-SMITH
- #22-Arrest Warrant, dated 1.28.2021, returned executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 2.8.2021 as to Defendant DIANA SANTOS-SMITH
- #27-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #34-PLEA AGREEMENT as to DIANA SANTOS-SMITH
- #35-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE as to DIANA SANTOS-SMITH
- #39-Rule 5c3 Documents Received as to Dawn Bancroft, Diana Santos Smith
- #41-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Memoranda by USA as to DAWN BANCROFT, DIANA SANTOS-SMITH
- #51-MOTION for Extension of Time to File Sentencing Memorandum by DIANA SANTOS-SMITH_
- #52-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by DIANA SANTOS-SMITH
In the news
- Coming soon