Blair was shoved by a police officer outside the Capitol. He jumped back and struck the officer with a lacrosse stick, which he had attached a flag to. Blair was treated at George Washington hospital for lacerations. He apologized to police.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): David
- Last Name(s): Blair
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-186
- Arrest Location: Washington, DC
- Judge: Christopher Cooper
- Entry Last Updated: 04/18/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/18/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover David Blair's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers Using a Dangerous Weapon Civil Disorder; Obstruction of an Official Proceeding Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon Unlawful Possession of a Dangerous Weapon on Capitol Grounds or Buildings Disorderly Conduct on Grounds or in a Capitol Building; Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings
Blair was arrested on 2/17 and appeared in court the same day. On 02/22/21, he was released on conditions (personal recognizance #6). On 03/29/022, he entered a plea of guilty as to Count 2s of the superseding indictment (civil disorder). Sentencing set for 7/13/2022 at 10:00 AM in Courtroom 27A (in person) before Judge Christopher R. Cooper.
Michael Charles Liebman
Michael Charles Liebman US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 555 Fourth St, NW, Room 9106, Washington, DC 20530- 202 252 7234-FAX 202 353 9415 [email protected], LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Puja Bhatia USDOJ-USAO 555 Fourth St, NW, Ste Office 9439 Washington, DC 20530 202 809 [email protected] ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
NA-Released on personal recgnizance.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to DAVID ALAN BLAIR
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to DAVID ALAN BLAIR
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to DAVID ALAN BLAIR
- #7-Arrest Warrant, dated 2.9.2021, returned executed on 2.17.2021 as to Defendant DAVID ALAN BLAIR
- #8-Indictment as to David Alan Blair
- #10-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Jose Alejandro German appearing for DAVID ALAN BLAIR
- #11-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Puja Bhatia appearing for USA.
- #12-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Terrell Roberts, III appearing for DAVID ALAN BLAIR (Roberts, Terrell)
- #13-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order governing discovery by USA as to DAVID ALAN BLAIR.
- #14-STIPULATED PROTECTIVE ORDER as to DAVID ALAN BLAIR
- Docket Download-6.9.21
- #19-MOTION to Continue (reschedule) status hearing by USA as to DAVID ALAN BLAIR
- #20-Supplement re 19 MOTION to Continue (reschedule) status hearing by USA as to DAVID ALAN BLAIR
- #21-MOTION to Withdraw as Attorney for the government by Puja Bhatia by USA as to DAVID ALAN BLAIR.
- #27 FIRST SUPERSEDING INDICTMENT as to DAVID ALAN BLAIR (1) count(s) 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s, 7s, 8s, 9s.
- #29-MOTION to Continue trial date by USA as to DAVID ALAN BLAIR
- #31-MOTION to Exclude speedy trial act time (correction) by USA as to DAVID ALAN BLAIR
- #32-RESPONSE by DAVID ALAN BLAIR re 29 MOTION to Continue trial date
- #33-MOTION for Extension of Time to File Response_Reply by USA as to DAVID ALAN BLAIR
- #34-Memorandum in Opposition by USA as to DAVID ALAN BLAIR re 26 Amended MOTION to Dismiss Case
- #35-Consent MOTION for Extension of Time to File Response
- #36-REPLY TO OPPOSITION to Motion by DAVID ALAN BLAIR re 26 Amended MOTION to Dismiss Case
- #37-Amended REPLY TO OPPOSITION to Motion by DAVID ALAN BLAIR
- #39- PRETRIAL ORDER as to DAVID ALAN BLAIR
- #41-MOTION to Suppress by DAVID ALAN BLAIR
- #42-MOTION to Change Venue by DAVID ALAN BLAIR
- #43-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Alison Prout appearing for USA
- #44-Memorandum in Opposition by USA as to DAVID ALAN BLAIR
- #45-RESPONSE by USA as to DAVID ALAN BLAIR re 42 MOTION to Change Venue
- #49-NOTICE of need for evidentiary hearing by USA as to DAVID ALAN BLAIR
- #50-PLEA AGREEMENT as to DAVID ALAN BLAIR
- #52-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to DAVID ALAN BLAIR
In the news
- Coming soon