Video footage and social media posts show Johnson and his son at the Capitol on Jan. 6th. They walked around and observed the event that day. However, there is no evidence either of them committed violent acts.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Daryl
- Last Name(s): Johnson
- Case Number: 21-cr-407
- Arrest Location: St. Ansgar, IA
- Judge: Dabney Friedrich
- Entry Last Updated: 12/01/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/18/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Daryl Johnson's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Civil Disorder (1) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building (2) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (3) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (4) Parading, Demonstrating or Picketing in a Capitol Building (5)
Johnson was arrested on 6/11 and appeared in court the same day. On 06/17/2021, Conditions of Release were set (Personal Recognizance). On 07/27/21, Johnson pleaded not guilty to all counts. On 01/04/2022, both Daryl and Daniel Johnson entered a plea of guilty as to count 1s (Civil Disorder). Sentencing held on 6/1/2022 as to Count 1s before Judge Dabney L. Friedrich, sentenced to thirty (30) days of incarceration, one (1) year of supervised release, $2000 restitution, $2000 fine and $100 special assessment.
Christopher Michael Davis
PA Bar No. 311803 Assistant U.S. Attorney, Detailee U.S. Attorney’s Office601 D Street, NW Washington, D.C. 20001 Phone-(717)-515-4095 Email- [email protected]
Daryl Johnson's Mailing Address
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
Information on Writing/Encouragement
- Daryl Johnson et al Docket Sheet as of 04/18/2022
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 6.11.2021 as to DARYL JOHNSON
- #9-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to DARYL JOHNSON from US District Court for the Northern District of Iowa Cas
- #11-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to DARYL JOHNSON
- #12-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to DARYL JOHNSON
- #13-INFORMATION as to DARYL JOHNSON (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4, DANIEL JOHNSON
- #22-ORDER granting the government's 21 Motion for Protective Order as to DARYL JOHNSON and DANIEL JOHNSON
- #23-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Letter by USA as to DARYL JOHNSON, DANIEL JOHNSON
- #25-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Letter by USA as to DARYL JOHNSON, DANIEL JOHNSON
- #26-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Hearing, MOTION to Exclude Time Under Speedy Trial Act by USA as to DARYL JOHNSON, DANIEL JOHNSON
- #28-NOTICE re Status of Discovery by USA as to DARYL JOHNSON, DANIEL JOHNSON
- #29-NOTICE re- Status of Discovery by USA as to DARYL JOHNSON, DANIEL JOHNSON
- #30-MOTION for Order to Disclose 6(e) Protected and Sealed Materials by USA as to DARYL JOHNSON, DANIEL JOHNSON
- #31-ORDER granting the government's unopposed 30 Motion to Disclose Items Protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure
- #35 SUPERSEDING INFORMATION as to DARYL JOHNSON (1) count(s) 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, DANIEL JOHNSON (2) count(s) 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s. (zhsj)
- #37-PLEA AGREEMENT as to DARYL JOHNSON
- #39-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA, DARYL JOHNSON,DARYL JOHNSON
- #41-WAIVER OF INDICTMENT by DARYL JOHNSON
- #43-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to DARYL JOHNSON
- #51-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Christopher Michael Davis Appearing for Daryl Johnson
- #52-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Samuel Dalke appearing for USA
- #53 NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL OF APPEARANCE by USA as to DARYL JOHNSON, DANIEL JOHNSON
- #54 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by DARYL JOHNSON as to DANIEL JOHNSON
- #54 a) Exhibit
- #54 b) Exhibit
- #54 c) Exhibit
- #57 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to DARYL JOHNSON
- #59 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by DARYL JOHNSON
- #59 a) Exhibit
- #59 b) Exhibit Corrected
- #59 c) Exhibit
- #60 MOTION Supplement to Dkt. #59 (Sentencing Memo) re  Sentencing Memorandum by DARYL JOHNSON.
- #60 Exhibit
- #61 NOTICE of filing of exhibits for use at sentencing by USA as to DARYL JOHNSON, DANIEL JOHNSON
- #72 JUDGMENT as to DARYL JOHNSON. Statement of Reasons Not Included. Signed by Judge Dabney L. Friedrich on 6/2/2022.
- #74 APPLICATION for Access to Video Exhibits by PRESS COALITION as to DARYL JOHNSON, DANIEL JOHNSON.
- #76 STATUS REPORT Concerning Video Exhibits by USA as to DARYL JOHNSON, DANIEL JOHNSON
- #81 REPLY TO OPPOSITION to Motion by USA as to DARYL JOHNSON re  PROBATION PETITION as to DARYL JOHNSON International Travel/Transfer of Jurisdiction, Prob. 22 Included. GOVERNMENT'S RESPONSE TO PETITION FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL AND TO TRANSFER JURISDICTION
- #82 ORDER granting the Probation Office's 80 Petition for International Travel and to Transfer Jurisdiction as to DARYL JOHNSON (1). See text for details. Signed by Judge Dabney L. Friedrich on September 28, 2022.
In the news
- Coming soon