Video footage and social media posts show Johnson and his son at the Capitol on Jan. 6th. They walked around and observed the event that day. However, there is no evidence either of them committed violent acts.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Daryl
- Last Name(s): Johnson
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-407-
- Arrest Location: St. Ansgar, IA
- Judge: Dabney Friedrich
- Entry Last Updated: 04/18/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/18/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Daryl Johnson's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (2) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Johnson was arrested on 6/11 and appeared in court the same day. On 06/17/2021, Conditions of Release were set (Personal Recognizance). On 07/27/21, Johnson pleaded not guilty to all counts. On 01/04/2022, both Daryl and Daniel Johnson entered a plea of guilty as to count 1s (Civil Disorder). Sentencing set for 6/1/2022 at 10:00 AM via video before Judge Dabney L. Friedrich.
Laura Elizabeth Hill
Laura Elizabeth Hill DOJ-CIV-175 N Street, NE-Room 9.1811 Washington, DC 200012 202 598 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
Information on Writing/Encouragement
- Daryl Johnson et al Docket Sheet as of 04/18/2022
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 6.11.2021 as to DARYL JOHNSON
- #9-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to DARYL JOHNSON from US District Court for the Northern District of Iowa Cas
- #11-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to DARYL JOHNSON
- #12-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to DARYL JOHNSON
- #13-INFORMATION as to DARYL JOHNSON (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4, DANIEL JOHNSON
- #22-ORDER granting the government's 21 Motion for Protective Order as to DARYL JOHNSON and DANIEL JOHNSON
- #23-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Letter by USA as to DARYL JOHNSON, DANIEL JOHNSON
- #25-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Letter by USA as to DARYL JOHNSON, DANIEL JOHNSON
- #26-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Hearing, MOTION to Exclude Time Under Speedy Trial Act by USA as to DARYL JOHNSON, DANIEL JOHNSON
- #28-NOTICE re Status of Discovery by USA as to DARYL JOHNSON, DANIEL JOHNSON
- #29-NOTICE re- Status of Discovery by USA as to DARYL JOHNSON, DANIEL JOHNSON
- #30-MOTION for Order to Disclose 6(e) Protected and Sealed Materials by USA as to DARYL JOHNSON, DANIEL JOHNSON
- #31-ORDER granting the government's unopposed 30 Motion to Disclose Items Protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure
- #35 SUPERSEDING INFORMATION as to DARYL JOHNSON (1) count(s) 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, DANIEL JOHNSON (2) count(s) 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s. (zhsj)
- #37-PLEA AGREEMENT as to DARYL JOHNSON
- #39-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA, DARYL JOHNSON,DARYL JOHNSON
- #41-WAIVER OF INDICTMENT by DARYL JOHNSON
- #43-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to DARYL JOHNSON
- #51-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #52-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Samuel Dalke appearing for USA
In the news
- Coming soon