Messer stated on social media that he walked into the Capitol. He is seen walking through the building, filming a video. There is no evidence he engaged in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Walter J.
- Last Name(s): Messer
- Case Number: 1:21-mj-541
- Arrest Location: Dayton, OH
- Judge: Robin Meriweather
- Entry Last Updated: 07/28/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/27/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Walter J. Messer's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority (1) Knowingly Entering or Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority (2) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds. Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in any of the Capitol Buildings.
Messer was arrested on 7/8/21. A preliminary hearing is set for 10/19 at 1pm.
Anne Veldhuis Department of Justice 1355 El Camino Real, Unit 828 Redwood City, CA 94063, 415-307-6722 Email: [email protected], LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant US Attorney
- #1-COMPLAINT as to WALTER J. MESSER
- #3-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to WALTER J. MESSER
- #6-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-Sabrina P. Shroff appearing for WALTER J. MESSER
- #7-ORDER Setting Conditions of Bond- Defendant WALTER J. MESSER
- Docket Download-8.27.21
In the news
- Coming soon