Miles was filming and taking photos on the west side of the Capitol with his cell phone. He was accused of shoving police officers along with others. Afterwards, he is seen helping a fallen protester rinse his eyes out with codefendant Matthew LeBrun.
Miles is also accused of smashing a window with a wooden plank and then entering the Senate wing to join other protesters.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Steven
- Last Name(s): Miles
- Case Number: 22-cr-00136
- Arrest Location: Zephyrhills, FL
- Judge: Jia Cobb
- Entry Last Updated: 08/14/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Steven Miles's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Civil Disorder (1) Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers (2) Destruction of Government Property (3) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (4) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (5) Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly and Dangerous Weapon (6) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (7) Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings (8) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (9)
Miles was arrested on 4/12/22. On 5/5 during an arraignment, he plead not guilty to all charges. His next status conference is on 1/19/23 at 10 30 am via Zoom.
Nadia Moore U.S. ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 271 Cadman Plaza East Brooklyn, NY 11201 718-254-6362 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
- Miles-LeBrun Complaint
- Miles-LeBrun Statement of Facts
- INDICTMENT as to STEVEN MILES, MATTHEW LEBRUN
- #5-Arrest Warrant, dated 4_8_2022, Returned Executed on 4_12_2022 as to STEVEN MILES
- #7-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice
- #10-Amended MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice
- #11-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to STEVEN MILES (1) Personal Recognizance Bond
- #12-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to MATTHEW LEBRUN (2) Personal Recognizance Bond
- #13-ORDER granting  Motion for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice
- #14-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #16-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice
- #17-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice
- #18-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #19-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #20-MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to STEVEN MILES, MATTHEW LEBRUN
- #21-ORDER granting granting  Motion for Protective Order
- #22-MOTION to Permit Disclosure of Fed. R. Crim. P. 6(e)-Protected and Sealed Materials by USA as to STEVEN MILES, MATTHEW LEBRUN
- #23-ORDER granting  Motion for Disclosure
- #28-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE_ Ray Christopher Lopez, I appearing for STEVEN MILES, MATTHEW LEBRUN
In the news
- Coming soon