LeBrun and codefendant Steven Miles entered the West Front of the Capitol and later moved to the Upper West Terrace. Though codefendant Steven Miles is depicted engaging in a physical altercation with Police on the West Front, Lebrun seemingly remained behind Miles and did not engage in any violence. He allegedly entered the Capitol at approximately 2:13 PM through a broken window and exited about 5 minutes later through the Senate Carriage Door.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Matthew
- Last Name(s): LeBrun
- Case Number: 22-cr-000136
- Arrest Location: New Orleans, LA
- Judge: Jia Cobb
- Entry Last Updated: 08/02/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/15/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Matthew LeBrun's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (4) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (5) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (7) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (9)
LeBrun was arrested on 4/13/22. He was released on personal recognizance on 04/19/2022. Indictment filed 4/20/22. On 5/5/22, he plead not guilty to all charges. There is a Plea Hearing on November 16, 2023, at 2:00 PM via Zoom.
Nadia Moore U.S. ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 271 Cadman Plaza East Brooklyn, NY 11201 718-254-6362 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
- #1 Miles-LeBrun Complaint
- #1 a) Miles-LeBrun Statement of Facts
- #6-Arrest Warrant, dated 4_8_2022, Returned Executed on 4_12_2022 as to MATTHEW LEBRUN
- #12-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to MATTHEW LEBRUN (2) Personal Recognizance Bond
- #14-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #14 INDICTMENT as to STEVEN MILES (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, MATTHEW LEBRUN (2) count(s) 4, 5, 7, 9.
- #16-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice
- #17-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice
- #18-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #19-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #21-ORDER granting granting  Motion for Protective Order
- #22-MOTION to Permit Disclosure of Fed. R. Crim. P. 6(e)-Protected and Sealed Materials by USA as to STEVEN MILES, MATTHEW LEBRUN
- #23-ORDER granting  Motion for Disclosure
- #28-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE_ Ray Christopher Lopez, I appearing for STEVEN MILES, MATTHEW LEBRUN
- #29-Unopposed MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release by STEVEN MILES
- #32 MOTION to Continue Status Conference by USA as to STEVEN MILES, MATTHEW LEBRUN.
- #36 Unopposed MOTION to Continue Hearing by STEVEN MILES as to STEVEN MILES, MATTHEW LEBRUN.
- #37 Unopposed MOTION to Continue "Change of Plea" Hearing by MATTHEW LEBRUN.
- #38 NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL OF APPEARANCE of Assistant U.S. Attorney Nadia Moore by USA as to STEVEN MILES, MATTHEW LEBRUN
- #43 Joint MOTION to Continue Plea Hearing by USA as to MATTHEW LEBRUN
In the news
- Coming soon