LeBrun and codefendant Steven Miles entered the West Front of the Capitol and later moved to the Upper West Terrace. He allegedly entered the Capitol through a broken window and exited through the Senate Carriage Door. LeBrun remained in the building briefly. It doesn’t appear he engaged in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Matthew
- Last Name(s): LeBrun
- Case Number: 22-cr-000136
- Arrest Location: New Orleans, LA
- Judge: Jia Cobb
- Entry Last Updated: 08/15/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Matthew LeBrun's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (4) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (5) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (7) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (9)
LeBrun was arrested on 4/13/22 and indicted 4/20. He was released on personal recognizance. On 5/5, he plead not guilty to all charges. His last status conference took place on 7/12. The next one is scheduled for 10/11 at 2pm, virtually.
Nadia Moore U.S. ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 271 Cadman Plaza East Brooklyn, NY 11201 718-254-6362 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
- Miles-LeBrun Complaint
- Miles-LeBrun Statement of Facts
- INDICTMENT as to STEVEN MILES, MATTHEW LEBRUN
- #6-Arrest Warrant, dated 4_8_2022, Returned Executed on 4_12_2022 as to MATTHEW LEBRUN
- #12-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to MATTHEW LEBRUN (2) Personal Recognizance Bond
- #14-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #16-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice
- #17-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice
- #18-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #19-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
In the news
- Coming soon