Surveillance footage shows Llamas, Siemers, and Swoope entering the Capitol
Building at approximately 3:08 PM through the Senate Wing Door. Video shows the 3 exiting the Capitol Building through the Senate Wing Doors at approximately 3:17 PM EST. In total, they were
inside the Capitol for approximately nine minutes. At around 3:45 PM, Swoope can be seen smoking a cigarette among a crowd who had gathered outside the North Door of the Capitol Building. About 7 minutes later, at 3:52, Swoope can be seen spraying an orange chemical irritant at Police.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Ryan
- Last Name(s): Swoope
- Case Number: 23-cr-20
- Arrest Location: Mentor, OH
- Judge: Trevor McFadden
- Entry Last Updated: 07/26/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 12/27/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Ryan Swoope's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Civil Disorder (1) Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers Using a Dangerous Weapon (2) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon (3) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon (5) Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon (7) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (8) Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings (9) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (10)
Arrested 11/30/22. Released on personal recognizance on 12/8/22. Arraignment and Status Conference held on 1/26/23- entered a plea of not guilty as to all counts. Status Conference held 5/26/23. Bench Trial set for 10/5/2023 at 9:30 AM in Courtroom 2- In Person before Judge Trevor N. McFadden.
Assistant United States Attorney Massachusetts Bar No. 705425 601 D Street NW, Washington, DC 20530 phone- (202) 252-7755 email- [email protected]
- #1 Llamas, Siemers, Swoope Complaint
- #1 a) Statement of Facts
- #5 Arrest Warrant, dated 11/14/2022, Returned Executed on 11/30/2022 as to RYAN SWOOPE
- #11 ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to RYAN SWOOPE (1) Personal Recognizance Bond. Signed by Magistrate Judge Robin M. Meriweather on 12/8/2022.
- #16 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Edward Gerard Bryan appearing for RYAN SWOOPE
- #17 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Andrew Haag appearing for USA. (Main Document 17 replaced on 1/5/2023)
- #18 INDICTMENT as to RYAN SWOOPE (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, SAUL LLAMAS (2) count(s) 4, 6, 8, 10, JORDAN SIEMERS (3) count(s) 4, 6, 8, 10.
- #21 NOTICE Of Discovery Requests by RYAN SWOOPE
- #21 a) Exhibit A. Discovery Letter
- #21 b) B. Guideline Letter
- #24 Proposed MOTION for Disclosure by USA as to RYAN SWOOPE, SAUL LLAMAS, JORDAN SIEMERS.
- #25 Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to RYAN SWOOPE, SAUL LLAMAS, JORDAN SIEMERS.
- #27 ORDER granting 24 Motion for Disclosure as to RYAN SWOOPE (1), SAUL LLAMAS (2), JORDAN SIEMERS (3). See attached Order for details. Signed by Judge Trevor N. McFadden on 1/26/2023.
- #28 ORDER granting 25 Motion for Protective Order as to RYAN SWOOPE (1), SAUL LLAMAS (2), JORDAN SIEMERS (3). See attached Order for details. Signed by Judge Trevor N. McFadden on 1/26/2023.
- #30 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Catherine Adinaro Shusky appearing for RYAN SWOOPE as co-counsel
- #35 Joint MOTION to Continue Status Conference by SAUL LLAMAS as to RYAN SWOOPE, SAUL LLAMAS, JORDAN SIEMERS
- #50 WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to RYAN SWOOPE
In the news
- Coming soon