Russell Peterson is pictured in and outside the U.S Capitol on January 6th. He is pictured walking inside the halls of the building. Peterson is not charged with any violence and there is no detail of any violence committed by him in his Statement of Facts.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Russell James
- Last Name(s): Peterson
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-309
- Arrest Location: Rochester, PA
- Judge: Zia M. Faruqui
- Judge: Amy Berman Jackson
- Entry Last Updated: 07/25/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/15/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Russell James Peterson's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (2) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Arrested 2/12/21. Released on personal recognizance on 2/23/21. Charged via criminal information on 4/19/21 and plead not guilty to all counts. Plea agreement entered 9/8/21 and entered a guilty plea as to count 4. Sentencing held on 12/1/2021, sentenced to 30 days incarceration. Special Assessment of $10.00 and Restitution in the amount of $500.00 were imposed. Oral Motion by the Government to Dismiss Counts: 1, 2, 3, was heard and granted.
Mary L. Dohrmann
N.Y. Bar No. 5443874 555 4th Street, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20530 Phone: (202) 252-7035 Email: [email protected]
- Russell Peterson Docket Sheet as of 7/25/2023
- #1 SEALED COMPLAINT as to RUSSELL JAMES PETERSON (1). [1:21-mj-00214-ZMF]
- #3 MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to RUSSELL JAMES PETERSON. [1:21-mj-00214-ZMF]
- #4 ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to RUSSELL JAMES PETERSON (1). Signed by Magistrate Judge Zia M. Faruqui on 2/9/21. (zltp) [1:21-mj-00214-ZMF]
- #5 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Danielle Courtney Jahn appearing for RUSSELL JAMES PETERSON [1:21-mj-00214-ZMF]
- #6 ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to RUSSELL JAMES PETERSON (1) Personal Recognizance. Signed by Magistrate Judge Robin M. Meriweather on 2/23/2021
- #7 INFORMATION as to RUSSELL JAMES PETERSON (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4.
- #10 Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 2/12/2021 in Rochester, PA as to RUSSELL JAMES PETERSON.
- #11 Arrest Warrant, dated 2/9/2021, returned executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 2/23/2021 as to Defendant RUSSELL JAMES PETERSON
- #13 ORDER as to RUSSELL JAMES PETERSON
- #14 Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to RUSSELL JAMES PETERSON.
- #15 NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Jawad, Amanda added. Substituting for attorney Mary Lyle Dohrmann
- #16 PROTECTIVE ORDER. Signed by Judge Amy Berman Jackson on 5/14/2021.
- #18 STATUS REPORT as to Discovery by USA as to RUSSELL JAMES PETERSON
- #20 WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to RUSSELL JAMES PETERSON. Approved by Judge Amy Berman Jackson on 9/8/2021.
- #21 PLEA AGREEMENT as to RUSSELL JAMES PETERSON.
- #22 STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to RUSSELL JAMES PETERSON.
- #26 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by RUSSELL JAMES PETERSON
- #26 a) Exhibit
- #26 b) Exhibit
- #27 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to RUSSELL JAMES PETERSON
- #27 a)Appendix Sentencing Chart
- #28 NOTICE of Filing of Exhibits by USA as to RUSSELL JAMES PETERSON
- #29 SUPPLEMENT by RUSSELL JAMES PETERSON re 26 Sentencing Memorandum
- #30 SUPPLEMENT by USA as to RUSSELL JAMES PETERSON re: 27 Sentencing Memorandum Modified text and link on 11/30/2021
- #35 JUDGMENT as to RUSSELL JAMES PETERSON. Statement of Reasons Not Included. Signed by Judge Amy Berman Jackson on 12/15/2021.
In the news
- Coming soon