Dennis allegedly grabbed an officer’s baton and took him to the ground outside the Capitol. It’s possible he may have been acting in self-defense.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Robert
- Last Name(s): Dennis
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-679
- Arrest Location: Garland, TX
- Judge: James Boasberg
- Date Docket Downloaded: 11/24/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Robert Dennis's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
CIVIL DISORDER; Civil Disorder (1) ASSAULTING/RESISTING/IMPEDING OFFICERS/EMPLOYEES; Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers (2-4) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (5) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (6) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds (7) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (8) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings (9)
Dennis was arrested on 10/20/21.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to ROBERT WAYNE DENNIS
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to ROBERT WAYNE DENNIS
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to ROBERT WAYNE DENNIS
- #5-Arrest Warrant dated 10.14.2021 Returned Executed on 10.20.2021 as to ROBERT WAYNE DENNIS
- #6-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to ROBERT WAYNE DENNIS
- #7-NOTICE Of The Filing Discovery Request Letter by Defendant by ROBERT WAYNE DENNIS
- #8-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to ROBERT WAYNE DENNIS from US District Court Nothern District of Texas
- #10-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to ROBERT WAYNE DENNIS
- #12-PROTECTIVE ORDER
- #13-INDICTMENT as to ROBERT WAYNE DENNIS
- Docket Download-11.24.21
In the news
- Coming soon