Turner’s nephew, Matthew Purdy, posted a photo mentioning him on social media as he described his opinion about the events of that day.
The men appear to walk through a hallway inside the Capitol while police stand by in the background, doing nothing to stop them. Outside of the building, Turner was accused of pushing an officer. This occurred around the time Purdy moved forward near the police line and was restrained by officers.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Robert
- Last Name(s): Turner
- Case Number: 22-cr-00019
- Arrest Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Judge: Royce Lamberth
- Entry Last Updated: 07/24/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 12/04/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Robert Turner's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Civil Disorder (1) Assaulting, Resisting or Impeding Certain Officers (2) Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting (3) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (4) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (5) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (6) Parading, Demonstrating or Picketing in a Capitol Building (7)
Turner was arrested on 11/22/21. Released on Personal Recognizance on 11/30/2021. Indicted 1/14/22 and appeared in court on 1/28 where he entered a plea of not guilty as to all counts. A further Status Conference is set for 8/4/2023 at 12:30 PM via Zoom before Judge Royce C. Lamberth.
Susan Lehr DOJ-USAO 1620 Dodge Street, Ste 1400, Omaha, NE 68102 506-402 661 [email protected] ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: US Assistant Attorney
- #1 Complaint
- #1 a) Statement of Facts
- #14-Returned Executed on 11_22_2021 as to ROBERT TURNER
- #16-ORDER Setting Conditions of Bond _ Defendant ROBERT TURNER
- #17-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to ROBERT TURNER from UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE CENTRAL DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
- #19-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure by USA as to GREGORY RICHARD PURDY, MATTHEW PURDY, ROBERT TURNER
- #20-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to GREGORY RICHARD PURDY, MATTHEW PURDY, ROBERT TURNER
- #21-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to GREGORY RICHARD
- #22 INDICTMENT as to GREGORY RICHARD PURDY, MATTHEW PURDY, ROBERT TURNER
- #24-STANDING ORDER
- #28-NOTICE of Filing by USA as to GREGORY RICHARD PURDY, MATTHEW PURDY, ROBERT TURNER
- #29-STATUS REPORT Regarding Status of Discovery as of 2-9-22 by USA as to GREGORY RICHARD PURDY, MATTHEW PURDY, ROBERT TURNER
- #33-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL
- #34-MOTION to Withdraw as Attorney by Robert L. Jenkins Jr. by GREGORY RICHARD PURDY
- #35-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE_ Marc Jason Eisenstein appearing for GREGORY RICHARD PURDY
- #36-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE_ Barry Coburn appearing for GREGORY RICHARD PURDY
- #43-Joint MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by GREGORY RICHARD PURDY, MATTHEW PURDY, ROBERT TURNER
- #49 MOTION to Withdraw as Attorney by AFPD Ned Smock. by ROBERT TURNER.
- #52 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Richard Deke Falls appearing for ROBERT TURNER
- #53 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Brittany L. Sherron appearing for ROBERT TURNER as Co-Counsel
- #55 ORDER granting Motion 49 to Withdraw as Attorney as to ROBERT TURNER (3); granting Motion 51 to Appoint Counsel as to ROBERT TURNER (3): It is hereby ORDERED that both motions are GRANTED, and, new counsel having appeared, Mr. Smock shall be terminated from the docket. Signed by Judge Royce C. Lamberth on 02/10/2023.
- #63 Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by ROBERT TURNER.
- #66 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Lynnett Wagner appearing for USA.
- #71 Consent MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by GREGORY RICHARD PURDY.
- #72 ORDER granting Consent Motion 71 to Continue as to GREGORY RICHARD PURDY (1), MATTHEW PURDY (2) and ROBERT TURNER (3). Status conference currently scheduled for 6/16/2023 at 12:30 PM is vacated and reset for 7/5/2023 at 11:30 AM. Signed by Judge Royce C. Lamberth on 6/14/2023. (lcrcl1) Modified on 6/14/2023
In the news
- Coming soon