Robert Sanford is allegedly caught on video throwing a fire extinguisher that ended up striking a Capitol Police officer.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Robert
- Last Name(s): Sanford
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-86
- Arrest Location: Aston, PA
- Judge: Zia M. Faruqui
- Judge: Paul Friedman
- Entry Last Updated: 12/04/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/29/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Robert Sanford's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Civil Disorder (1) Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers Using a Dangerous Weapon (2) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon (3) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (4) Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings (5) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (6)
Arrested in Pennsylvania on 1/14/21. Indicted 2/5. Plead not guilty to all charges on 3/2. Defendant remains on personal recognizance. Superseding indictment issued 11/10/21. He plead not guilty to all charges again on 2/23/22. On 9/28/28, he plead guilty to count 2. Sentencing takes place on 1/17/23 at 10 am in Courtroom 29A.
Janani Iyengar Assistant United States Attorney 555 4th Street, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20530 (202) 252-7760 [email protected]
- Docket Download-8.20.21
- Sanford Indictment
- Sanford- Statement of Facts
- Sanford Complaint
- #3-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to ROBERT SANFORD
- #6-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #8-MOTION for Reconsideration of Detention by ROBERT SANFORD.
- #9-SUPPLEMENT by ROBERT SANFORD
- #10-RESPONSE by USA as to ROBERT SANFORD
- #11-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release with Global Positioning System Monitoring
- #12-ORDER TEMPORARILY MODIFYING CONDITIONS OF RELEASE as to defendant ROBERT SANFORD
- #13-MOTION to Continue by USA as to ROBERT SANFORD
- #15-ORDER as to ROBERT SANFORD
- #16-Arrest Warrant, dated 1.13.2021, returned executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 2.19.2021 as to Defendant ROBERT SANFORD
- #17-MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release (unopposed) by ROBERT SANFORD.
- #18-ORDER as to ROBERT SANFORD
- #20-MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to ROBERT SANFORD
- #21-ORDER as to ROBERT SANFORD
- #22-Second MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release unopposed by ROBERT SANFORD
- #23-ORDER as to ROBERT SANFORD
- #24-MOTION to Continue by USA as to ROBERT SANFORD
- #26-Consent MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by ROBERT SANFORD
- #28-Consent MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by ROBERT SANFORD
- #30-STATUS REPORT of Discovery by USA as to ROBERT SANFORD
- #31-NOTICE of Filing by USA as to ROBERT SANFORD
- #32-SUPERSEDING INDICTMENT as to ROBERT SANFORD
- #38-Consent MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by ROBERT SANFORD
- #40-Joint STATUS REPORT by ROBERT SANFORD
- #42-MOTION to Continue by USA as to ROBERT SANFORD
- #45-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to ROBERT SANFORD
- #46-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by ROBERT SANFORD
- #47-PLEA AGREEMENT as to ROBERT SANFORD
In the news
- Coming soon