Bauer was pictured walking inside the Capitol, he had “no intention to of assaulting law enforcement or fighting anyone.” There is no evidence of any violence committed by Bauer.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Robert
- Last Name(s): Bauer
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-49
- Arrest Location: Western District, KY
- Judge: Zia M. Faruqui
- Judge: Tanya Chutkan
- Entry Last Updated: 08/15/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/22/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Robert Bauer's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct at the Grounds and in a Capitol Building
Arrested on 1/15/21. Initial appearance 1/21/21, released on personal recognizance bond. Charged via criminal information on 1/22/21. Arraigned 2/12/21 where he pleaded not guilty to all counts. Plea agreement hearing held on 6/28/21, entered a plea of guilty as to count 4. On 10/13/21, he was sentenced to 45 days in prison, 60 hours of community service, and $500 restitution.
Robert L. Bauer-25910-509 FCI Manchester Federal Correctional Institution PO BOX 4000 Manchester, KY 40902
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
Information on Writing/Encouragement
His released date from prison is 1/18/22.
- Docket Download-6.9.21
- #1 COMPLAINT as to ROBERT BAUER (1), EDWARD HEMENWAY II (2). [1:21-mj-00059-ZMF]
- #1 a) Statement of Facts
- Bauer and Hemenway - Information
- #8-ORDER Setting Conditions of Bond-Defendant ROBERT L. BAUER (1) placed on Personal Recognizance Bond, signed by Magistrate Judge G. Michael Harvey
- #10-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Meredith M. Ralls appearing for ROBERT L. BAUER
- #17-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to ROBERT L. BAUER, EDWARD E. HEMENWAY, II.
- #18-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material-allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to ROBERT L. BAUER
- #22-PLEA AGREEMENT as to ROBERT L. BAUER
- #23-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA and ROBERT L. BAUER (1) as to ROBERT L. BAUER
- #24-WAIVER OF INDICTMENT by ROBERT L. BAUER
- #33-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to ROBERT L. BAUER
- #38-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by ROBERT L. BAUER
- #44-JUDGMENT as to ROBERT L. BAUER
- #50 NOTICE of Completion of Community Service Hours by ROBERT L. BAUER
In the news
- Coming soon