Hemenway and a friend admitted entering the Capitol when questioned by police. Hemenway was unaware altercations between police and protesters were happening at the time.
He chanted, took pictures, and left.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Edward
- Last Name(s): Hemenway
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-49
- Arrest Location: Charlottesville, VA
- Judge: Tanya Chutkan
- Entry Last Updated: 07/26/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 07/10/2021
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Edward Hemenway's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building; Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct at the Grounds and in a Capitol Building
Hemenway was arrested on 1/15/21. During an arraignment on 2/12, he plead not guilty to counts 1-4. On 6/28 during a plea agreement, he plead guilty to count 4. Sentencing is set for 10/13 at 11am.
Elizabeth C. Kelley US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 555 4th Street, N.W.-Washington, DC 20530 202 252 7238 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
- #1-COMPLAINT as to ROBERT BAUER (1), EDWARD HEMENWAY II (2).
- #4-INFORMATION as to ROBERT BAUER counts 1, 2, 4, EDWARD E. HEMENWAY, II
- #9-ORDER Setting Conditions of Bond- Defendant EDWARD E. HEMENWAY, II
- #11-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-Meredith M. Ralls appearing for EDWARD E. HEMENWAY, II
- #12-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to EDWARD E. HEMENWAY, II from US District Court Western District of Virginia Charlottesville Division
- #14-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Meredith M. Ralls appearing for EDWARD E. HEMENWAY, II (
- #17-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to ROBERT L. BAUER, EDWARD E. HEMENWAY, II
- #18-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to ROBERT L. BAUER
- #25-PLEA AGREEMENT as to EDWARD E. HEMENWAY, II
- #26-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA and EDWARD E. HEMENWAY, II(2) as to EDWARD E. HEMENWAY, II
- #27-WAIVER OF INDICTMENT by EDWARD E. HEMENWAY, II
- #29-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to EDWARD E. HEMENWAY, II
- Docket Download-7.10.21
In the news
- Coming soon