Barnett can be seen pictured sitting at a desk inside of Nancy Pelosi’s office around 2:50 P.M. His weapons charges came after the FBI received a tip that in one of the pictures it looked as though he was in possession of a stun gun while being inside the building. There is no detail of any violence committed by Barnett.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Richard
- Last Name(s): Barnett
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-38
- Arrest Location: Bentonville, AR
- Judge: G Michael Harvey
- Judge: Christopher Cooper
- Entry Last Updated: 07/26/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 12/09/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support Richard Barnett: Click here to help cover Richard's legal and living expenses
Obstruction of an Official Proceeding; Aiding and Abetting Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon Entering and Remaining in Certain Rooms in the Capitol Building Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building; Theft of Government Property
Arrested 1/8. Initial appearance held 1/28/21. Indicted 1/29 and arraigned 2/4 where he pleaded not guilty to all counts. Status conference were held 6/15, 8/24, and 11/23. The next one takes place on 2/1/22. Defendant remains on personal recognizance bond.
Mary Lyle Dohrrman
Mary Lyle Dohrrman USAO-DC 555 Fourth St, NW Washington, DC 20503 (202) 252-7035 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Nicole E. McClain
Nicole E. McClain USAO-DC 555 Fourth St, NW Washington, DC 20530 202 252 7848 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: US Assistant Attorney
NA-Released. (He was previously ordered detained then allowed bond, according to Document #26 below)
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Barnett - Amended Statement of Facts
- Barnett - Amended Complaint
- Docket Download-6.8.21
- #5-MOTION to Stay Release Order, MOTION to Review Release Order by USA as to RICHARD BARNETT.
- #6-MOTION to Transport by USA as to RICHARD BARNETT.
- #7-ORDER, as to RICHARD BARNETT, GRANTING the government's 5 Motion to Stay.
- #8-ORDER, as to RICHARD BARNETT, GRANTING the government's 6 Motion to Transport
- #9-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Nicole E. McClain appearing for USA.
- #10-LETTER by Anthony J. Siano on behalf of RICHARD BARNETT dated January 17, 2021 -Leave to file GRANTED- by Chief Beryl A. Howell.
- #12-MEMORANDUM in Support of Pretrial Detention by USA as to RICHARD BARNETT
- #13-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Tony Siano Filing fee $ 100, receipt number ADCDC-8135111
- #14-Arrest Warrant, dated 1.7.2021, returned executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 1.28.2021 as to Defendant RICHARD BARNETT
- #15-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Anthony J Siano appearing for RICHARD BARNETT
- #16-ORDER OF DETENTION PENDING TRIAL, as to RICHARD BARNETT, GRANTING the government's 5 Motion to Review Release Order
- #17-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to RICHARD BARNETT from US District Court Western District of Arkansas, Fayetteville Division
- #18-ORDER OF DETENTION PENDING TRIAL, as to RICHARD BARNETT, GRANTING the government's 5 Motion to Review Release Order
- #19-Indictment as to Richard Barnett
- #21-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Mary Lyle Dohrmann appearing for USA
- #23-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to RICHARD BARNETT
- #24-ORDER granting 23 Unopposed Motion for Protective Order as to RICHARD BARNETT
- #26-MOTION for Modification of Bail to Place Defendant on Conditional Release Pending Trial by RICHARD BARNETT
In the news
- Coming soon