Although Vogel and Maimone did not appear to show any violence directed toward Capitol Police or others, video shows Vogel kicking an office door. A screenshot of the event is shown in the Statements of Facts. Video also shows Vogel and Maimone picking up a bag clearly marked POLICE, rummaging through it, and taking silver packages from the POLICE bag. CCTV video also shows Maimone and Vogel carrying silver packages. According to U.S. Capitol Police, the silver packages contain escape hoods, which are a form of personal protective equipment (PPE) designed to protect the wearer from chemical agents, biological agents, nuclear or radiological particles and toxic industrial chemicals for a short period of time.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Philip C.
- Last Name(s): Vogel
- Case Number: 1:21-mj-305
- Arrest Location: New Castle, PA
- Judge: G Michael Harvey
- Entry Last Updated: 07/26/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/16/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Philip C. Vogel's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Theft of Property Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds
Vogel was arrested on 3/19. Initial appearance 3/26. Arraigned 4/20. Defendant entered a plea of not guilty as to all counts. Status hearing set for 8/24/21 at 11:30 am. Defendant remains on personal recognizance.
Channing D. Phillips, Sean P. Murphy (Assistant United States Attorney) Mark Brundage (FBI special agent)
In the news