The Von Bernewitz brothers admitted to being inside the Capitol on Jan 6th, there is no account of violence on their behalf.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Paul H.
- Last Name(s): Von Bernewitz
- Case Number: 21-cr-307
- Arrest Location: Chesapeake, VA
- Judge: G Michael Harvey
- Judge: Christopher Cooper
- Entry Last Updated: 07/31/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/16/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Paul H. Von Bernewitz's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds without Lawful Authority (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds-Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Arrested 3/24. Initial appearance held 3/31. Charged via criminal information on 4/16. Arraigned 5/20. Defendant entered a plea of not guilty as to all counts. Defendant remains on personal recognizance. On 1/20/22, he plead guilty to count 4. During his sentencing held on 4/27, he was sentenced to 24 months probation, a fine in the amount of $1000, restitution in the amount of $500, and a $10 special assessment.
Clayton Henry O'Connor
Clayton O’Connor DOJ-CRM Human Rights and Special Prosecutions Section 1301 New York Avenue, NW, Ste 1200 Washington, DC 20530 202 616 3308 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant US Attorney
- Docket Download-8.23.21
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to ERIC V. VON BERNEWITZ, PAUL H. VON BERNEWITZ
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to ERIC V. VON BERNEWITZ (1), PAUL H. VON BERNEWITZ
- #6-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 3.24.2021 in Chesapeake, VA as to PAUL H. VON BERNEWITZ
- #9-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Andrew William Grindrod appearing for PAUL H. VON BERNEWITZ
- #12-MOTION for Protective Order Governing Discovery by USA as to ERIC V. VON BERNEWITZ, PAUL H. VON BERNEWITZ.
- #13-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to PAUL H. VON BERNEWITZ
- #15-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Clayton Henry O'Connor appearing for USA
- #16-Consent MOTION to Continue Arraignment (Joint as to both defendants) by PAUL H. VON BERNEWITZ as to ERIC V. VON BERNEWITZ, PAUL H. VON BERNEWITZ.
- #22-NOTICE of Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to ERIC V. VON BERNEWITZ, PAUL H. VON BERNEWITZ
- #36-PLEA AGREEMENT as to PAUL H. VON BERNEWITZ
- #37-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA and ERIC V. VON BERNEWITZ
- #38-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA and PAUL H. VON BERNEWITZ
- #40-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to PAUL H. VON BERNEWITZ
- #41-NOTICE REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY AS OF FEBRUARY 2022 by USA as to ERIC V. VON BERNEWITZ, PAUL H. VON BERNEWITZ
- #44-MOTION for Extension of Time to Acknowledge Receipt of PSR by ERIC V. VON BERNEWITZ
- #45-MOTION for Extension of Time to Acknowledge Receipt of PSR by ERIC V. VON BERNEWITZ
- #51-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by PAUL H. VON BERNEWITZ
- #53-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to PAUL H. VON BERNEWITZ
- #54-NOTICE of Filing of Video Exhibits by USA as to ERIC V. VON BERNEWITZ, PAUL H. VON BERNEWITZ
- #63-JUDGMENT as to PAUL H. VON BERNEWITZ
In the news