The Von Bernewitz brothers admitted to being inside the Capitol on Jan 6th, there is no account of violence on their behalf.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Eric V.
- Last Name(s): Von Bernewitz
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-307
- Arrest Location: Chesapeake, VA
- Judge: G Michael Harvey
- Judge: Christopher Cooper
- Entry Last Updated: 02/05/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/23/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Eric V. Von Bernewitz's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds without Lawful Authority (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Picketing, or Demonstrating in a Capitol Building (4)
Arrested 3/24/21. Initial appearance held 3/31/21. Charged via criminal information on 4/16. Arraigned 5/20. Defendant entered a plea of not guilty as to all counts on 05/20/21. On 1/20/22, he plead guilty to count 4. The court accepted the plea. Von Bernewitz was sentenced on 4/27 to 24 months probation, a fine in the amount of $1000, restitution in the amount of $500, and a $10 special assessment.
Clayton Henry O'Connor
Clayton O’Connor DOJ-CRM Human Rights and Special Prosecutions Section 1301 New York Ave NW Ste 1200 Washington, DC 20530 202-616-3308 Email: [email protected] TERMINATED: 09/30/2021 Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Mike Mitchell DOJ-USAO LRM: Rocca, Pamela 1290 West Myrtle Street Suite 500 Boise, ID 83702 208-667-6568 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Eric Von Bernewitz et al Docket Sheet as of 04/23/2022
- Docket Download-8.23.21
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 3.24.2021 in Chesapeake, VA as to ERIC V. VON BERNEWITZ
- #8-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Clayton Henry O'Connor appearing for USA
- #14-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to ERIC V. VON BERNEWITZ
- #23-NOTICE re Status of Discovery by USA as to ERIC V. VON BERNEWITZ, PAUL H. VON BERNEWITZ
- #26-NOTICE STATUS OF DISCOVERY by USA as to ERIC V. VON BERNEWITZ, PAUL H. VON BERNEWITZ
- #27-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Mitchell, Mike added
- #28-MEMORANDUM REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY AS OF OCTOBER 21, 2021 by USA as to ERIC V. VON BERNEWITZ, PAUL H. VON BERNEWITZ
- #29-MOTION to Continue Status Conference by USA as to ERIC V. VON BERNEWITZ, PAUL H. VON BERNEWITZ.
- #31-NOTICE Regarding Discovery Status as of November 2021 by USA as to ERIC V. VON BERNEWITZ, PAUL H. VON BERNEWITZ
- #37-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA and ERIC V. VON BERNEWITZ
- #39-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to ERIC V. VON BERNEWITZ
- #41-NOTICE REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY AS OF FEBRUARY 2022 by USA as to ERIC V. VON BERNEWITZ, PAUL H. VON BERNEWITZ
- #44-MOTION for Extension of Time to Acknowledge Receipt of PSR by ERIC V. VON BERNEWITZ
- #45-MOTION for Extension of Time to Acknowledge Receipt of PSR by ERIC V. VON BERNEWITZ
- #50-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by ERIC V. VON BERNEWITZ
- #52-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to ERIC V. VON BERNEWITZ
- #54-NOTICE of Filing of Video Exhibits by USA as to ERIC V. VON BERNEWITZ, PAUL H. VON BERNEWITZ
- #61-JUDGMENT as to ERIC V. VON BERNEWITZ
In the news