Coffee approached police officers who were confronting protesters on the way inside the Capitol.
He moved through the line holding a crutch over his head as others followed. Coffee later used it to defend himself against police who were forcefully restraining him.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Luke
- Last Name(s): Coffee
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-327
- Arrest Location: Dallas , TX
- Judge: G Michael Harvey
- Entry Last Updated: 08/13/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 06/15/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Luke Coffee's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Assault of Federal Law Enforcement Officer with Dangerous Weapon; Interference with Law Enforcement Officer During Civil Disorder; Obstruction of an Official Proceeding; Unlawful Entry on Restricted Grounds; Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds
Arrested 2/25. Indicted 4/28. Arraiged 5/26 and pleaded not guilty to all counts. Defendant remains on high intensity supervision. Status conference continued to 10/19 at 9:30 am.
Peter C. Lallas
Peter C. Lallas US ATTORNEY's OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 Fourth St, NW, Washington, DC 20530 202 252 [email protected] Lead ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to LUKE RUSSELL COFFEE
- #3-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 1.7.2021 as to LONNIE LEROY COFFMAN
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to LUKE RUSSELL COFFEE
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to LUKE RUSSELL COFFEE
- #5-Emergency MOTION to Stay and Review of Release Order by USA as to LUKE RUSSELL COFFEE
- #6-MOTION for Transport Order by USA as to LUKE RUSSELL COFFEE
- #7-ORDER, as to LUKE RUSSELL COFFEE, GRANTING the government's 5 Motion to Stay Release
- #8-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to LUKE RUSSELL COFFEE from US District Court Northern District of Texas Dallas Division
- #9-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice James D. Burnham Filing fee $ 100, receipt number ADCDC-8295314
- #10-MEMORANDUM in Support of Pretrial Detention by USA as to LUKE RUSSELL COFFEE
- #11-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Jim Burnham appearing for LUKE RUSSELL COFFEE
- #13-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-Jim Burnham appearing for LUKE RUSSELL COFFEE
- #13-PRETRIAL MEMORANDUM DEFENDANT'S MEMORANDUM IN SUPPORT OF OPPOSITION TO MOTION FOR EMERGENCY STAY AND FOR REVIEW OF RELEASE ORDER by LUKE RUSSELL COFFEE
- #14-SUPPLEMENTAL MEMORANDUM in Support of Pretrial Detention in Response to April 5, 2021 Minute Order by USA as to LUKE RUSSELL COFFEE
- #15-REPLY by LUKE RUSSELL COFFEE REPLY TO THE GOVERNMENT'S SUPPLEMENTAL MEMORANDUM IN SUPPORT OF PRE-TRIAL DETENTION
- #16-MEMORANDUM in Opposition to Motion for Emergency Stay and for Review of Release Order re 5 Emergency MOTION to Stay and Review of Release Order by LUKE RUSSELL COFFEE
- #18-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release with Global Positioning System Monitoring. Signed by Chief Judge Beryl A. Howell on 4.9.202
- #19-AMENDED ORDER Setting Conditions of Release with Global Positioning System Monitoring
- #20-ORDER Granting 22 Unopposed MOTION to Continue FOR INITIAL APPEARANCE by LUKE RUSSELL COFFEE
- #22-Unopposed MOTION to Continue FOR INITIAL APPEARANCE by LUKE RUSSELL COFFEE
- Docket Download-6.15.21
In the news
- Coming soon