According to video footage from the U.S. Capitol, the defendants, Kevin Seefried and
Hunter Seefried entered the Senate Building through a broken window at approximately 2:13 p.m.
on January 6, 2021. Shortly thereafter, Defendant Kevin Seefried was photographed holding a
Confederate Battle flag inside the Capitol Building. Both Kevin and his son climbed through a window to enter the building.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Kevin
- Last Name(s): Seefried
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-287-2
- Arrest Location: Wilmington, DE
- Judge: Robin M. Meriweather
- Entry Last Updated: 08/11/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 12/02/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Kevin Seefried's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds
Indicted 4/7. Arraigned 5/4/21. Defendent entered a plea of not guilty as to all counts. The last status conference was on 10/26. A jury trial is set for 6/13/22. There is a pretrial conference and motion hearing beforehand on 5/20/22.
Brittany LaShaune Reed US ATTORNEY"S OFFICE 650 Poydras Street #1650 New Orleans, LA 70130 504 680 3031 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Complaint (redacted)
- Statament of Facts
- #8-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Carlos J. Vanegas appearing for KEVIN SEEFRIED
- Docket Download-8.21.21
- #38-NOTICE OF FILING OF DISCOVERY MEMORANDA by USA as to KEVIN SEEFRIED, HUNTER SEEFRIED
- #39-Joint MOTION to Vacate Trial Date and Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to KEVIN SEEFRIED, HUNTER SEEFRIED
- #43-NOTICE Notice of Filing by USA as to KEVIN SEEFRIED, HUNTER SEEFRIED
- #44-Memorandum in Opposition by USA as to KEVIN SEEFRIED, HUNTER SEEFRIED
In the news
- Coming soon