According to video footage from the U.S. Capitol, the defendants, Kevin Seefried and
Hunter Seefried entered the Senate Building through a broken window at approximately 2:13 p.m.
on January 6, 2021. Hunter Seefried was pictured punching out glass out of a broken window. Kevin Seefried confirmed to law enforcement agents that Hunter Seefried was asked by an individual unknown to the Seefrieds to assist with clearing the window because Hunter was wearing gloves.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Hunter
- Last Name(s): Seefried
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-287
- Arrest Location: Wilmington, DE
- Judge: Robin M. Meriweather
- Entry Last Updated: 04/26/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/26/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Hunter Seefried's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority (1) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds (2)
Hunter was arrested on 1/14/21. Released on personal recognizance on 1/25/21. A federal grand jury in the District of Columbia returned an indictment against Seefried on 4/7/21. During an arraignment on 5/4/21, he entered a plea of not guilty as to all counts. The jury trial is set for 6/13/22. There is a pretrial conference and motion hearing beforehand on 5/20/22. Plea hearing scheduled for 4/27/22 was vacated. Remains on personal recognizance.
Brittany LaShaune Reed US ATTORNEY"S OFFICE 650 Poydras Street #1650 New Orleans, LA 70130 504 680 3031 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Hunter Seefried et al Docket Sheet as of 04/26/2022
- Statament of Facts
- Complaint (redacted)
- #3-MOTION to Unseal Case by USA as to KEVIN SEEFRIED, HUNTER SEEFRIED
- #4-ORDER Granting 3 MOTION to Unseal Case by USA as to KEVIN SEEFRIED (1), HUNTER SEEFRIED
- #12-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Brittany LaShaune Reed appearing for USA
- #13-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Edson A. Bostic
- #14-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Edson A. Bostic
- #14-MOTION to Exclude Time Under The Speedy Trial Act by USA as to KEVIN SEEFRIED, HUNTER SEEFRIED
- #16-ORDER granting 14 Motion to Continue Status Hearing and Exclude Time as to KEVIN SEEFRIED (1), HUNTER SEEFRIED
- #19-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #20-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to KEVIN SEEFRIED, HUNTER SEEFRIED
- #25-Unopposed MOTION to Travel by HUNTER SEEFRIED
- #26-ORDER as to HUNTER SEEFRIED
- #36-MOTION to Dismiss Count One of The Indictment by HUNTER SEEFRIED
- #38-NOTICE OF FILING OF DISCOVERY MEMORANDA by USA as to KEVIN SEEFRIED, HUNTER SEEFRIED
- #39-Joint MOTION to Vacate Trial Date and Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to KEVIN SEEFRIED, HUNTER SEEFRIED
- #43-NOTICE Notice of Filing by USA as to KEVIN SEEFRIED, HUNTER SEEFRIED
- #44-Memorandum in Opposition by USA as to KEVIN SEEFRIED, HUNTER SEEFRIED
- #47-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL
- #50-NOTICE OF FILING by USA as to KEVIN SEEFRIED, HUNTER SEEFRIED
- #51-NOTICE OF FILING OF UNITED STATES MEMORANDUM REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY AS OF FEBRUARY 9, 2022 by USA as to KEVIN SEEFRIED, HUNTER SEEFRIED
- #54-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Benet Kearney appearing for USA_
- #56-MOTION in Limine REGARDING AUTHENTICATION OF CERTAIN VIDEO EVIDENCE by USA as to KEVIN SEEFRIED, HUNTER SEEFRIED_
- #57-MOTION in Limine REGARDING CROSS-EXAMINATION OF U.S. SECRET SERVICE WITNESS by USA as to KEVIN SEEFRIED, HUNTER SEEFRIED_
- #58-MOTION in Limine REGARDING EVIDENCE ABOUT THE SPECIFIC LOCATIONS OF U.S. CAPITOL POLICE SURVEILLANCE CAMERAS by USA as to KEVIN SEEFRIED, HUNTER SEEFRIED_
- #61-MOTION to Dismiss Count One of the Indictment and Supporting Memorandum of Law by HUNTER SEEFRIED_
- #64-MOTION to Vacate PLEA AGREEMENT HEARING by HUNTER SEEFRIED
- #67-SUPERSEDING INDICTMENT as to KEVIN SEEFRIED, HUNTER SEEFRIED
- #71-SUPPLEMENT by USA as to KEVIN SEEFRIED, HUNTER SEEFRIED
In the news
- Coming soon