Capitol surveillance shows Chwiesiuk entering the Capitol. In addition, his cell phone shows a picture of him entering Room S140. It doesn’t appear he acted violently while inside.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Karol J.
- Last Name(s): Chwiesiuk
- Case Number: 21-cr-00536
- Arrest Location: Chicago, IL
- Judge: Zia Faruqui
- Judge: Colleen Kollar-Kotelly
- Entry Last Updated: 06/13/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/26/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Karol J. Chwiesiuk's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (2) Entering and Remaining in a Room Designated for a Member of Congress (3) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (4) Parading Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building.
Chwiesiuk was arrested on 6/11/21 and appeared in court on 6/16. He was released on personal recognizance. The last status conference took place on 5/4/22. Another status conference takes place on 7/18/22.
Sean Patrick Murphy
Sean P. Murphy USAO Torre Chardon, Ste 1201 350 Carlos Chardon Avenue San Juan, PR 00918 [email protected] 787 766 5656 787 771 4043 fax LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant US Attorney
- Docket Download-8.26.21
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to KAROL J. CHWIESIUK
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to KAROL J. CHWIESIUK
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to KAROL J. CHWIESIUK
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 6.11.2021 in Chicago, IL as to KAROL J. CHWIESIUK
- #6-Rule5(c)(3) Documents Received
- #9-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to KAROL J. CHWIESIUK
- #10-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-Nishay Sanan appearing for KAROL J. CHWIESIUK
- #11-First MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release by KAROL J. CHWIESIUK
- #13-RESPONSE by USA as to KAROL J. CHWIESIUK
- #15-INFORMATION as to KAROL J. CHWIESIUK
- #17-Brady Order
- #18-MOTION for Protective Order Regarding Discovery by USA as to KAROL J. CHWIESIUK
- #20-RESPONSE by KAROL J. CHWIESIUK re  MOTION for Protective Order Regarding Discovery Objection to Paragraph 6a
- #21-MOTION for Extension of Time to File Response_Reply to Defendant's Opposition until 5_00 PM (EST) on Friday, September 17, 2021 by USA as to KAROL J. CHWIESIUK_
- #22-REPLY TO OPPOSITION to Motion by USA as to KAROL J. CHWIESIUK re  MOTION for Protective Order Regarding Discovery
- #23-ORDER granting  Motion for Protective Order as to KAROL J. CHWIESIUK
- #24-PROTECTIVE ORDER. Signed by Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly on September 18, 2021
- #26-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #27-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Memoranda by USA as to KAROL J. CHWIESIUK
- #28-Unopposed MOTION for Order Motion to Disclose Fed. R. Crim. P. 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to KAROL J. CHWIESIUK_
- #29-ORDER granting  Motion for Order as to KAROL J. CHWIESIUK
In the news
- Coming soon