Dresch made statements on social media saying he was in the Capitol acting peacefully with the crowd. He stated police were “poking” and “gassing randomly into women and children being peaceful.”
At 5 17pm, he posted a selfie outside the Capitol, saying he “had a beer on our front porch.”
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Karl
- Last Name(s): Dresch
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-71
- Arrest Location: Calumet, MI
- Judge: Amy Berman Jackson
- Entry Last Updated: 08/13/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/24/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support Karl Dresch: Click here to help cover Karl's legal and living expenses
Obstruction of an Official Proceeding; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Arrested 1/15. Indicted 2/3. Arraigned 3/29 where he pleaded not guilty to all counts. Plea agreement hearing held 8/4 where he pleaded guilty to count 5. Case proceeded directly to sentencing. Sentenced to time served and restitution of $500.
Demian Shipe Ahn
Demian Shipe Ahn US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE Cyber Crime Section 555 4th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20530 202 252 7106- FAX 202 616 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Dresch was released from prison on August 4th.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
Information on Writing/Encouragement
Dresch owns a local business that he is getting back in order after prison. His wife Sara's father passed away on the same day her husband was arrested. When the arrest occurred, the government "ransacked" their home, leaving everything out of place. This created trauma and a feeling of violation that Mrs. Dresch is overcoming.
- #11-LETTER to the court regarding Defendant by KARL DRESCH.
- #11-MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to KARL DRESCH
- #12-SUPPLEMENT by USA as to KARL DRESCH re 11 MOTION for Protective Order
- #13-PROTECTIVE ORDER as to KARL DRESCH
- #14-NOTICE of Discovery by USA as to KARL DRESCH
- #15-ORDER as to KARL DRESCH.
- #16-MOTION for Bond by KARL DRESCH.
- #17-MOTION for Order to Disclose 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to KARL DRESCH.
- #18-RESPONSE by USA as to KARL DRESCH re 16 MOTION for Bond
- #20-REPLY TO OPPOSITION to Motion by KARL DRESCH re 16 MOTION for Bond (
- #22-LETTER to the court regarding Defendant by KARL DRESCH.
- #23-RESPONSE TO ORDER OF THE COURT by USA as to KARL DRESCH
- #24-MOTION Ruling on Motion for Bond by KARL DRESCH.
- #25-ORDER as to KARL DRESCH. Defendant's 16 Motion for Bond is DENIED.
- #28-NOTICE OF APPEAL (Interlocutory) by KARL DRESCH
- #29-Transmission of the Notice of Appeal, Order Appealed
- #30-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Conference by USA as to KARL DRESCH
- #31-Memorandum in Aid of Sentencing as to KARL DRESCH
- #33-Sentencing Memorandum filed by USA as to KARL DRESCH
- #34-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to KARL DRESCH
- #35-PLEA AGREEMENT as to KARL DRESCH
- #36-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to KARL DRESCH.
- #37-JUDGMENT as to KARL DRESCH. Statement of Reasons Not Included.
- #38-RESTRICTED-STATEMENT OF REASONS as to KARL DRESCH
In the news
- Coming soon