Hopkins appears on surveillance walking through the building with the crowd, filming events of that day with a cell phone. He entered Senator Merkley’s office and appears to remain in the hallway by the crypt afterwards, filming passersby.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Kasey
- Last Name(s): Hopkins
- Case Number: 22-cr-00317
- Arrest Location: Kansas City, KS
- Judge: Tanya Chutkan
- Entry Last Updated: 10/15/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Kasey Hopkins's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building or Grounds (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Hopkins was arrested on 8/5/22. Indicted on 9/22 and amended 10/7. On 10/7, he plead not guilty to all charges. The next status conference takes place 12/6 at 12 30 virtually.
Jeffrey Kiok USAO 601 D Street, NW Washington, DC 20530 202 307 5967 [email protected]
- Hopkins Statement of Facts
- INFORMATION as to KASEY VON OWENS HOPKINS
- SEALED COMPLAINT as to KASEY VON OWEN HOPKINS
- AMENDED INFORMATION 16 as to KASEY HOPKINS
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to KASEY VON OWEN HOPKINS
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to KASEY VON OWEN HOPKINS
- #5-Arrest Warrant, dated 8_4_2022, Returned Executed on 8_4_2022 as to KASEY VON OWEN HOPKINS
- #6-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice
- #8- Amended MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice John Osgood
- #9-ORDER granting 8 Motion for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice
- #10-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to KASEY VON OWEN HOPKINS
- #11-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to KASEY VON OWEN HOPKINS
- #12-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #13-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to KASEY VON OWEN HOPKINS
- #14-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to KASEY VON OWEN HOPKINS
- #15-PROTECTIVE ORDER
In the news
- Coming soon